First Timer to Tahiti and PG Cruises.... Advice Needed...

Beachgirlohio

Hi everyone :) We are celebrating my 40th Birthday in April 2019. I have a few basic questions. I am sure I will have a TON more but i would LOVE some help and advice.

1. We are flying ATN- Thinking of upgrading our flight to Business Class and flying Premium on the way back. Is Business Class worth it? SUPER expensive.

2. Room Category- We are considering B Class State Room and he have #813 on hold. Is this a good room? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

3. For our pretrip, thinking of doing Intercontinental Thalasso thru the cruise line and staying in the Sapphire Villa. It looks beautiful. Any thoughts on that. If we book with the cruise line it includes the flight to Bora Bora and transfers.

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE :)

Hi everyone :) We are celebrating my 40th Birthday in April 2019. I have a few basic questions. I am sure I will have a TON more but i would LOVE some help and advice.

1. We are flying ATN- Thinking of upgrading our flight to Business Class and flying Premium on the way back. Is Business Class worth it? SUPER expensive.

2. Room Category- We are considering B Class State Room and he have #813 on hold. Is this a good room? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

3. For our pretrip, thinking of doing Intercontinental Thalasso thru the cruise line and staying in the Sapphire Villa. It looks beautiful. Any thoughts on that. If we book with the cruise line it includes the flight to Bora Bora and transfers.

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE :)

We like the B cabins. Our upcoming trip we are right across from the one we had before.

Last time we did go business class, but this trip we are going in coach. Like you said the upgrade is very expensive. The service was lovely, but not sure it is worth $3850 each. That is a chunk of change for 8 hours.

In general, Wendy really loves having a balcony on a cruise. However, we once sailed on Deck 8 on the PG, and she never used it: along with many others, we find the entire ship becomes our balcony. We might have stayed in 813: it was certainly on same side of the corridor.

Except for that one occasion, we've stayed in the "tiny perfect" cabins on Deck 4, and love them. The extra space on the cabins on Deck 8 is nice but fairly minimal.

If the cabins on 8 were the same price as 4, I'd certainly choose Deck 8. But we haven't found the differences to be worth it to us.

On other ships, the calculation becomes different but, at least for us, the PG is special in this regard as with so many other things that make her our favourite ship.

I believe the $3850 each is the upcharge to business from the included coach air that most take with the PG. If you don't use the PG air they will give you back about $1500 - $1600 each and currently you may be able to purchase your own air for less money. You do give up the transfers and day room if you do your own air but depending upon your itinerary it may be worth it.

As other have said I would go for a Category E cabin on deck 4. You will be saving a fortune and let the ship be your balcony.

I think the best thing about the deck 8 cabins is that you're on the same level as the pool deck, so you can come and go as you please. And you get a butler of course. The cabins themselves are, I believe, something like one foot wider than a standard balcony (!). And yes, David's right that I hardly used the balcony the one time we did deck 8--it was just too hot most of the time.

We had an interesting experience in our cabin on deck 8...we went out on the balcony to enjoy an evening drink. We heard a click at the sliding door....our door had been acting weird all the time, and this time it locked and we were outside. After over an hour we were able to get the door open enough to flip the handle on the inside. We both pushed it up and finally got back in the cabin. They fixed it the next day. Rather uncomfortable being locked on your balcony and no one hears you.