Hairspray, bug-spray allowed on Carnival?

roxmac63

You can even take them on airplanes in limited quantities (think I read 3.4 oz. limit). Where did you hear that you couldn't take them on a cruise ship? I don't think I'd trust any information from whatever source that came from.

You can even take them on airplanes in limited quantities (think I read 3.4 oz. limit). Where did you hear that you couldn't take them on a cruise ship? I don't think I'd trust any information from whatever source that came from.

I read it in prohibited items.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, on the prohibited list is aerosol cans. But bug spray and hair spray both are available in non-aerosol containers, so just bring that type of product. It is not the product that is prohibited but that specific type of dispensing system.

I'm thinking that I read it too for our recent Carnival cruise, but also read something in the contract that indicated it was a different type of aerosol container. We follow cruise guidelines to the best of our ability and had no concern about brining aerosol hairspray or deodorant, and I would have been fine bringing bug spray if we felt it was needed for that trip.

• 2 weeks later...

There will be a number of sun loving cruisers spraying their aerosol sun screen on every object within their reach on the Lido and pool areas.

Amazing to watch as 90% of the product goes misting in the air, landing on lounges, walking surfaces, drinks and food, etc.

We've brought aerosol sun screen onboard and probably aerosol bug spray too, didn't even know it was on the list. (And I believe they sell aerosol sun screen in the store onboard but I didn't look that closely.)

There is usually some confusion between what is prohibited on a flight and proscribed items for a ship. The TSA may not allow aerosols on planes due to pressurization issues. Cruise ships have different guidelines. Here's the list of prohibited items for Carnival for example:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4090

There is usually some confusion between what is prohibited on a flight and proscribed items for a ship. The TSA may not allow aerosols on planes due to pressurization issues. Cruise ships have different guidelines. Here's the list of prohibited items for Carnival for example:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4090

from your link:

• Compressed gas tanks, bottles, cylinders including dive tanks, propane tanks and aerosol cans

I can understand why there is confusion, but I have never been questioned on toiletry based aerosol cans (deodorant, hair spray, sun screen, etc.

I could not access the additional prohibited items list (404 error) to see if these are specified as being ok.

• 4 weeks later...

This will be our 8th Carnival Cruise in June. I have taken aerosol cans of hair spray and bug spray on each one with no problem. I do however place all my toiletries in my carry on. Mainly cause I do not know when our luggage will be delievered.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...