Black Pearls

Gogirlvet

I know I have read somewhere on this Forum where the best place to purchase Black Pearls in the FP is. TBK I think you commented when I read your wonderful review but now I can’t locate it. We are taking our first FP cruise and our first “small ship” cruise Sept.1 - for 7 days. Everyone’s comments have been invaluable and I’ve been able to make most all our plans. But still would like to make a 30th anniversary Black Pearl purchase and would appreciate advice on best place for that. TIA.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your budget will dictate proper suggestions.

For high end/quality pearls there are several places including on-board the Paul Gauguin. My BH has always been mesmerized by the beautiful strands of pearls on board the ship, someday I know I'll need to buy a strand.

For mid priced jewelry with pearls you can't go wrong with Eva Pearls on Moorea.

For low to mid priced pearls (simply pearls) a good place to go is Mihiarii Pearls. They have three stores with the easiest to find being upstairs at the Le Marche next to the elevator. The stands at Motu Mahana are another place to check out.

For souvenirs or gifts the stands at the tender locations are a good place to look.

Oh, my favourite subject! I'm not sure there is a best place, really. I've twice bought from Tahia Collins (now Tahia I believe.) Once in Moorea, in Le Petit Village, and once in Bora Bora. Both islands have a huge variety of stores. In the 18 years I've been going there, the market for pearls has changed drastically--there are more decent-quality pearls at reasonable prices, for instance, although the sky's the limit if you want to spend the money. Even on Motu Mahana, the vendors who sell pearls from Taha'a have a nice quality product.

I took five trips to Tahiti to find the courage to buy my strand. I bought it on board the PG from Tahia. Have also bought stuff from Robert Wan and Island Fashion in Moorea.

I took five trips to Tahiti to find the courage to buy my strand. I bought it on board the PG from Tahia. Have also bought stuff from Robert Wan and Island Fashion in Moorea.

The pearl shop on board the PG is no longer a Tahia outpost - - I don't recall the name of the current concession.

There's a Tahia branch a couple of hundred meters north of Le Petit Village in Moorea, and another very near the PG tender stop in Vaitape, Bora Bora

http://tahiapearls.com/en/the-boutiques-of-tahia-exquisite-tahitian-pearls/

The pearl shop on board the PG is no longer a Tahia outpost - - I don't recall the name of the current concession.

There's a Tahia branch a couple of hundred meters north of Le Petit Village in Moorea, and another very near the PG tender stop in Vaitape, Bora Bora

http://tahiapearls.com/en/the-boutiques-of-tahia-exquisite-tahitian-pearls/

The shop on board now is Hinerava pearls owned by the PG owners’s daughter.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a necklace and bracelet at Sibani Pearls in Bora Bora and they are gorgeous! They were very helpful and had a ton of designs and sizes to choose from. The shop is close to where the tenders drop off. You just take a left and go down the main street and the shop is in a shopping center on the left as you walk down the road. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g669130-d312270-Reviews-Sibani_Perles-Vaitape_Bora_Bora_Society_Islands.html