Child falls 2 stories in ship at port

LMaxwell

Poor kid. But where did she fall from? Every railing on every ship I've ever sailed on has to be at least 40" high (I've never measured, though). Unless she was climbing on something and lost her footing......in which case, where were the parents?

This happened this morning on the Glory. They were saying on the ship that she fell from the 9th floor to the 3rd floor in the atrium inside. News stories say it was 2 floors...sure hoping the news is right. It was a sad way to end the cruise. We had 3 other medical emergencies this past week, one before we even made it out of the port in Miami, one in Cozumel, and another that had to be taken by coast guard boat to Key West. Don't have any other details but prayers for all these families...

This happened this morning on the Glory. They were saying on the ship that she fell from the 9th floor to the 3rd floor in the atrium inside. News stories say it was 2 floors...sure hoping the news is right. It was a sad way to end the cruise. We had 3 other medical emergencies this past week, one before we even made it out of the port in Miami, one in Cozumel, and another that had to be taken by coast guard boat to Key West. Don't have any other details but prayers for all these families...

We've been at the port sitting in the priority lounge since 10:30 waiting to board.. I figured something must have happened.. this is jus the sad..

I know about the incident in Cozumel. Somehow, a lady got a piece of meat lodged in her throat. I don't know all the details as communication has been via text but the ship doctor could not remove it. They took her to the hospital and she underwent surgery to have the meat removed. She is being released from the hospital in Cozumel today and flown back to Atlanta. She is fine. Carnival, the hospital, the port authority, and Allianz insurance company were all awesome in assisting this lady. We are all grateful she is fine and will be boarding the plane in about a hour to return home.

Just left the ship, the child did indeed fall from deck 9 to deck 3. I didn’t see her fall but I saw her family on deck 9 just moments after she fell, I will never forget what I saw. Police all over the lobby and I suppose because of the investigation they hadn’t covered up the floor. I am fairly certain by what we saw she did not survive the fall, it wasn’t confirmed by anyone but I know what I saw. I have a child at home and I can’t wait to get home and hug her.

There seems to be more of this on cruise ships than at Hotels with atriums. I don’t know why

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not so sure about that. It seems that the news is always quick to report on accidents and incidents that happen on ships. When was the last time you heard a news story about a hotel with a norovirus outbreak? I haven't ever seen one, but it can and does happens everywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Forums