Australian Visa Question

Woobstr112G

Tried a forum search but couldn't find my answer so here goes.

I have a 14 day, r/t from Sydney, New Zealand cruise (Ovation OTS) booked for November of next year. Will I need a Visa for either country or will my US Passport be enough? I did a similar cruise (Princess) back in 2009 but I honestly cannot remember.

Thanks in advance for any replies.....:):):)

Bob

Thank you all for your very quick replies. I take it that this is on your own and obviously not via RCCL? One more quick question; is there a certain time frame before the cruise that you should get one?

Thanks Again.....:):):)

Bob

We just got our Visas online for our cruise next month.

This is our second time sailing out of Sydney. On our last trip, the agent at the check in counter in Chicago verified that we had our Visas before handing over our boarding passes (we were flying through LAX to SYD).

We just got our Visas online for our cruise next month.

This is our second time sailing out of Sydney. On our last trip, the agent at the check in counter in Chicago verified that we had our Visas before handing over our boarding passes (we were flying through LAX to SYD).

Looks like online is the way to go. Thanks.....:):):)

Bob

As others have mentioned you do need the ETA. You will get it immediately.

When you use the web site you will need your passport information and your credit card in front of you.

I have visited Australia many times and needed the ETA each time and are visiting again in February.

As mentioned no ETA or any other type of visa needed for New Zealand.

These are wonderful places to visit.

Keith

You will need a visa for Australia, not New Zealand. I got mine here: https://easyeta.com/

I have used easyeta several times without any problems. They only charge $9.95 Per person not the $20 the Australian government charges.

We used easyeta.com to get our Australian ETAs for two visits there for cruises with good results. We had both within 24 hours of sending off the online application and as mentioned above our credit card was change in USD. Also you can be billed in GBP or SGD ($Singapore) so there is no exchange or conversion fees if your credit card is in these currencies. ;)

As others have mentioned you do need the ETA. You will get it immediately.

When you use the web site you will need your passport information and your credit card in front of you.

I have visited Australia many times and needed the ETA each time and are visiting again in February.

As mentioned no ETA or any other type of visa needed for New Zealand.

These are wonderful places to visit.

Keith

We used easyeta.com to get our Australian ETAs for two visits there for cruises with good results. We had both within 24 hours of sending off the online application and as mentioned above our credit card was change in USD. Also you can be billed in GBP or SGD ($Singapore) so there is no exchange or conversion fees if your credit card is in these currencies. ;)

I just sent our passports in for renewal. When I get them back, I'll hit the website and apply for our ETA's. Thanks again for the information.....:):):)

Bob

I just sent our passports in for renewal. When I get them back, I'll hit the website and apply for our ETA's. Thanks again for the information.....:):):)

Bob

Keep in mind though, they're only good for a year so certainly no rush. I got ours on Friday. Mines free :) but $20 AU for his

The following information should be helpful:

"If you are a U.S. citizen, you are eligible for a visa waiver and do not need a visa for tourist stays of three months or less. You must have a passport that is valid for at three months beyond your planned departure from New Zealand. Visit the New Zealand Embassy website for the most current visa information.Sep 13, 2017

New Zealand - Travel.gov - US Department of State

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/new-zealand.html"

The following information is regarding US citizens entry into Australia:

"You must have a valid U.S. passport and a visa to enter Australia. Most U.S. passport holders traveling to Australia for tourism or business purposes for less than 90 days can obtain an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA). ... Visit the Embassy of Australia website for the most current visa information.Jan 18, 2017

Australia - Travel.gov - US Department of State

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/australia.html"

So if you want to visit New Zealand you don't need a visa, but if you want to visit Australia you do need a visa? I still keep shaking my head as to why you need a visa for one and not the other? Does anyone know the reason why?

So if you want to visit New Zealand you don't need a visa, but if you want to visit Australia you do need a visa? I still keep shaking my head as to why you need a visa for one and not the other? Does anyone know the reason why?

I've always wondered the same thing.....:):):)

Bob