Trip Cancellation???

PlayCousin

I am only weeks from my sail date. My neighbor had a fire and I have significant property damage. With all of the hoops one must jump through dealing with claims adjusters, contractors and schedules it is completely up in the air as to whether I will be able to make my cruise or not.

This made me wonder what unexpected life events may have caused others to miss their cruise. Insurance is not a concern as there is plenty of owner's coverage, renter's coverage as well as travel insurance in place so I'm not looking for all of those "this is why you need insurance" posts. So, what crazy, unpredictable thing happened to cause you to miss your cruise?

(Advance apologies if this is not the correct forum. I wasn't sure where else to post)

This is a very interesting question, and fairly well-tangled with the 'will Insurance cover it' question asked on another post.

Illness is what has caused us to miss two cruises, both cancelled about 3-4 weeks prior and both covered by insurance.

Weather is another frequent cause (snow, hurricanes, flood and Icelandic volcano eruptions). Coverage really varies on that depending on policy.

You're the first ' neighbor's house fire' post I can recall reading. It will be interesting to see what other causes are posted.

I am only weeks from my sail date. My neighbor had a fire and I have significant property damage. With all of the hoops one must jump through dealing with claims adjusters, contractors and schedules it is completely up in the air as to whether I will be able to make my cruise or not.

This made me wonder what unexpected life events may have caused others to miss their cruise. Insurance is not a concern as there is plenty of owner's coverage, renter's coverage as well as travel insurance in place so I'm not looking for all of those "this is why you need insurance" posts. So, what crazy, unpredictable thing happened to cause you to miss your cruise?

(Advance apologies if this is not the correct forum. I wasn't sure where else to post)

The OP is not asking about coverage, but who has a "missed my cruise" story.

You had cancel for any reason insurance??

The OP is not asking about coverage, but who has a "missed my cruise" story.

You had cancel for any reason insurance??

Twistout is the OP. They never discussed "cancel for any reason." They have a valid reason for most insurance polices to cancel their cruise. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Twistout is the OP. They never discussed "cancel for any reason." They have a valid reason for most insurance polices to cancel their cruise. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I know that Twistout is the OP. They stated that they might not be able to go because of damage from their neighbor's fire.

They said they are not worried about coverage, as they have insurance. They asked about other people who have had weird stories about canceling.

I asked the OP if they had purchased "cancel for no reason", since their problem is not medical related.

Oops, I see now. You canceled because of medical/death reason. I need more coffee.:)

Edited by Dancing Shoes
add to message