Nude Areas on Ships?

sullaRaffaello

All the ships of AIDA have got a nude deck and mixed (male and female) saunas and steam rooms where you can have a Sauna naked.

But you must know that most of the passengers are from german speaking countries and everything on board is in german.

sonnendeck-fkk-1020645.jpg%3Fm%3D1377634967

http://www.cruisetricks.de/galerie/var/resizes/aidasol/aidasol/sonnendeck-fkk-1020645.jpg%3Fm%3D1377634967

http://www.holidaycheck.de/data/urlaubsbilder/images/2/1156211301.jpg

1156211301.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
Have they done away with topless sunbathing on Celebrity? There used to be a sign and even a notation in the Daily Planner allowing it on the top deck. Also, any topless sunbathing on RCI?

Certainly, RCI allows it on the Independence of the Seas. Mainly on the deck called St. Tropez, reached by a small flight of stairs from the main sun deck. Mostly topless, but on our last cruise on her (to the Med) when we settled down there, we noticed two couples were totally nude. So we followed suit. No complaints from anybody all the time we were there. But no way did any of us couples flaunt our bodies.

My only gripe with RCI, regarding nakedness, is that they have separate naked spas for male and female, usually sited near the gym, but none just for couples. My wife and I visit several spas when on land and always manage to find ones that allow mixed bathing.

The balconies are private enough to do this, but if neighbors want to try and look, they simply have to peek around the divider.

I have never had over-inquisitive neighbors, but would certainly certainly discourage them if I did.

Not much is said on the boards about this but I think that many people do this from time to time.:p

We always have a balcony when cruising for this precise reason. We obviously choose ones that we know to be relatively private. Ones that are not overlooked from above, or viewed from the captains bridge. Most importantly ones that attract a lot of sunshine, although this can be hit and miss.

We have not knowingly had neighbours peek round the corner when naked , but I do nod off a lot. Consequently, the couple that were in the balcony next door to us, on our last cruise, possibly had . We had from the onset of the cruise started small talk with them, from time to time when leaning over the rails while entering or leaving ports, as you do. It was during one of these chats, early on, that it was hinted that they may have seen us "relaxing". Fearing the worse, we were surprised with their further comments. They said they had considered sunbathing naked on their balcony before but thought it might not be allowed. At worst, if found out they might be turfed off at the next port. We said we had been doing it now for a number of years with no hassle. Go ahead we said. Also suggesting that if they were in agreement, to ask the steward to unlock the dividing panel between our balconies to increase the space. This was duly arranged. A most memorable cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from Empress but no nude sunbathing as the balcony's only had room for 2 chairs and a small table. And that was the Jr. Suite. What a joke. The same size as a regular balcony room but double the price. To top it all off, there was not sauna or steam room available to anyone. Why, because they don't have on this ship. Ahhhhhhhhh. Loved Cuba and would go back in a second but not on that ship.

We always take a balcony so we can keep our all-over tan. We're regulars at a nude beach in Florida. We've never had a problem with nosey neighbors on a cruise - if they want to look, let'em.

Poppy42; I see that you've done Club Orient. I've never stayed there but have visited to beach many times when I get to St. Maarten. How did you like the place? Clean rooms? Thanks. I've been thinking of doing a week there myself in the near future.

• 2 months later...
Poppy42; I see that you've done Club Orient. I've never stayed there but have visited to beach many times when I get to St. Maarten. How did you like the place? Clean rooms? Thanks. I've been thinking of doing a week there myself in the near future.

Came to this thread to see about the possibility of an FKK deck on RCCL Jewel of the Seas while on our Greek Island cruise in September, but I can certainly recommend Club Orient. Its actually the only place we've ever stayed when in St. Martin. Everything is clean and rather than a central building, there are small chalet buildings that you stay in. They are arranged in circles so you can say hi to your neighbors. We've always stayed in the mini suites which have two rentals in each building. The entire nude portion of Orient Beach fronts their property.

We've only gone there for the day while on a cruise. We liked it very much - very European.

I understand that NCL has a few ships with a freestyle deck that is for adults only.. and I cant wait to try

It's only topless and most adults use it to be away from kids in the ship and sunbathe normally -- at least it was in the Getaway.

We always take a balcony so we can keep our all-over tan. We're regulars at a nude beach in Florida. We've never had a problem with nosey neighbors on a cruise - if they want to look, let'em.

Same here re: balconies. Which beach in FL if you don't mind. We've looked into it, but haven't found definitive answers online.

Same here re: balconies. Which beach in FL if you don't mind. We've looked into it, but haven't found definitive answers online.

Blind Creek Beach on South Hutchison Island (Route A1A) between Fort Pierce and Jensen Beach. It's on the ocean side just nort of the Florida Power & Light powerplant. Go to treasurecoastnaturists.org. BTW - I'm on the board of Treasure Coaust Naturists - we are a registered non-profit - 501c7 and we provide porta potties for the beach. Go to Visitflorida.com. Click on Beaches and scroll down to Popular Beaches and click on Nude and it will give you info on all the nude beaches in Florida.

Blind Creek Beach on South Hutchison Island (Route A1A) between Fort Pierce and Jensen Beach. It's on the ocean side just nort of the Florida Power & Light powerplant. Go to treasurecoastnaturists.org. BTW - I'm on the board of Treasure Coaust Naturists - we are a registered non-profit - 501c7 and we provide porta potties for the beach. Go to Visitflorida.com. Click on Beaches and scroll down to Popular Beaches and click on Nude and it will give you info on all the nude beaches in Florida.

Thanks for info. Much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
It's only topless and most adults use it to be away from kids in the ship and sunbathe normally -- at least it was in the Getaway.

I think it will depend a lot on each cruise. The Epic in March we only had 1 other couple ever on the freestyle deck. A few people wandered up and back off, but that was it. We had the spa pass and I think the second to last day we were talking to another couple there and they had no idea there even was a clothing optional deck.

• 3 weeks later...