Drink package for one

MotherofTrips

My mom is booked in an Oceanview cabin by herself. My mom is 84 and does not drink alcohol. When selecting her promos I was told that she could not get the soda package as part of her promo. She would have to pay the $100 tax and get the alcohol. Does this seem right? Should I call back and speak to someone else? I understand that when there are two adults both have to get it but she is booked alone in the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is correct. If she does not drink then she would be better off picking a different perk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She picked the dining. But none of the others would benefit her. I am going to get her the internet but she doesn’t even use a cellphone. I am assuming I could sign on with her password? If I am wrong please tell me.

She picked the dining. But none of the others would benefit her. I am going to get her the internet but she doesn’t even use a cellphone. I am assuming I could sign on with her password? If I am wrong please tell me.

Yes, you can use her Internet package with whatever password.

If she doesn't drink alcohol then that perk is a waste of money since she'd have to prepay the 18% gratuity, about $100. The perk is not transferable.

Yes, the internet package basically allows one device at a time to use that login until the minutes on the package are used up, but it doesn't really matter who in the party is actually doing the logging in.

As for the soda package, it costs $62 for a 7 day cruise, so you could purchase it for $60 less than the taxes/gratuities you would pay on the Ultimate Beverage Package.

So are you saying that she gets to pick 2 perks? The dining and another one? If that’s the case, is free DSC available? And if not then maybe shore excursion?

So are you saying that she gets to pick 2 perks? The dining and another one? If that’s the case, is free DSC available? And if not then maybe shore excursion?

Yes she gets two. We are not doing any excursions through the ship. I am just going to get her the internet package and we will use it. Nothing else would work out for her.