Baseball Playoffs - Breakaway (Yankees!!!)

Mr Owl

Ok, anyone know if baseball playoffs will be shown? Hoping for a fan-fueled Yankee cruise out of NY this Sunday! Nothing like watching the games with a bunch of fellow fans.

I do recall baseball playoffs being shown on past cruises, but I realize the network is everything. Games are on Fox and Fox Sports 1 (FS1) - anyone know if these channels are part of the abysmally small channel lineup?

On the Breakaway in early april we did not get the basketball playoffs until we asked about it at our M&G. We ended up watching them at O'Sheehan's and they were in our cabin as well, but not that fight. It took a request to get them. Good luck, I can't believe it would not be shown somewhere on the ship.

We ended up getting March Madness by telling EVERY SINGLE officer, service rep, the concierge, etc. how important and popular it would be. We and everyone else, I might add. I would recommend that you do the same. They can add the games at a cost....I assure you that the Captains isn't relaxing with the 6 channels that they have available, LOL! They showed the games in the bars and in the rooms.

Carnival on the other hand, didn't show the USA World Cup game, and usually all you can get in the bars is soccer, LOL!

Donnajo and envelope, if we were on the same ship I would be watching the CUBS on MLB ATBat with unlimited wifi. Have never missed a CUBS game since my niece's husband was traded to the CUBS. On land or sea. I cannot rely on the cruiseline. I am a diehard fan. I hope he stays with the CUBS. I am sick about thinking of him in any other uniform. I have come to love that whole team and the way they support each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by DMH15

I am on the breakaway. NO BASEBALL! They have football but some issue w MLB.

OMG? That’s horrible! Were they able to get the issue fixed? I wonder if I would be able to connect to WiFi and somehow watch the Gabe’s on my iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just an update to this - sadly, there is NO baseball on the breakaway. Followed a bit online when I could, but it was a little disappointing. In fact, there's almost no way to even find out who won - the sports channel they have has no highlight shows or feed/crawl on the screen - nothing. Next cruise, if the Yankees are in the playoffs, I will spring for unlimited internet and stream it on my ipad. Then I'll park myself at a bar, and the Yankee fans will gather!!

...if the Yankees are in the playoffs, I will spring for unlimited internet and stream it on my iPad. Then I'll park myself at a bar, and the Yankee fans will gather!!

Well (sad for you) it looks like they are not, which saves you the cost of unlimited internet. But the good news is the bar will still be open - cheers.