Pride of America (POA) August 26, 2017 Review

fligster

Great review, beautiful pictures. I really want to take this cruise someday. I definitely think a US flagged ship is the way to do Hawaii so you don't have to go from Mexico or Canada.

I did a Hawaii cruise years ago with my parents and it was a great trip but the ship was really old and small.

This is the most pictures I’ve ever taken on a vacation. We had the DSLR, the canon G7X mark ii, and the GoPro Session 5 with us. As well as our phones. We have over 2,200 Pictures and videos.

Lava flowing into ocean during sail by. This was small and far away. Looked great with binoculars but hard to get still pics.

eec457884c451baa3db7480f4757cd2a.jpg

Ship from Helicopter

c6ecb18a202f4f270974488183838e1d.jpg

0f54f2717d0c8da6fb628d54c5b9ac21.jpg

Ship from Mauka Meadows in Kona

281f2890631f8c5c05005203bb2bfc65.jpg

Misc

b519dbf4dee4af1e3f3b17ee0bc16634.jpg

826235fcd46f01f12925dd5ff9efd65e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort for 3 nights pre-cruise and 1 night post cruise. We had a 1 Bedroom City View both times. Here is a video walkthrough of the room. I would recommend this hotel if doing POA or if just in Hawaii.

CB5Ldw5A5RQ

During our pre cruise stay in Waikiki, we also hiked Diamond Head. I would recommend doing this, the views are beautiful. We went in early afternoon and it wasn't too crowded, but seems like the lot was full earlier in the day based on signs that were up. I have heard if you go in the morning to go very early to avoid the crowds. Here is a short video of our hike.

s7bCCeZMg1Q

During our pre cruise stay in Waikiki, we also hiked Diamond Head. I would recommend doing this, the views are beautiful. We went in early afternoon and it wasn't too crowded, but seems like the lot was full earlier in the day based on signs that were up. I have heard if you go in the morning to go very early to avoid the crowds. Here is a short video of our hike.

s7bCCeZMg1Q

Awesome!. We are doing this Saturday morning before we board the POA.

Thanks for sharing.

We had Chelsea as our Butler in room 12000 18 months ago. She was very good. We had Thomas as the Concierge and he was USELESS. He showed up in Cagney's and interfered only to give us unwanted information while we were in the middle of our meal. Chelsea did anything we needed she got both tips for Concierge and for Butler. When we called, she would call back and always gave a time frame for services that we needed. I hope you have a great cruise.

Quote=merdon;54047070]Thanks for such an in depth review. We sail next month in an Owners Suite so hopefully we'll have a nice butler. :D

Is it better to have a Port side Cabin or Starboard Side cabin for views while sailing or in Port...Thanks.

Port is better for Na Pali Coast, Starboard is better for Lava Flow if they go past it. But for either you can find a public deck if necessary. For in port it seemed like starboard is marginally better although all the ports are industrial so you aren’t missing much on either side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a great video look like a nice tour. I was thinking of canceling my car reservation and booking this tour thru the ship or with a private vendor. My co worker was telling me it's better to go as a tour. I'm still not sure yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's a great video look like a nice tour. I was thinking of canceling my car reservation and booking this tour thru the ship or with a private vendor. My co worker was telling me it's better to go as a tour. I'm still not sure yet.

We did the Ship's tour and I think it was expensive for what you got, especially the lunch. We lucked out that it was only the three of us and a another couple, but the van could be filled with up to 12 people. We didn't put Hilo coffee, lunch or the candy store stop in the video because it wasn't that exciting or great video.

I would recommend Mary Lou's tours, we used them for a private tour on the Kona side, and wished we would of used them on the Hilo side as well, as it would of been much cheaper and as good or better experience.

We did the Ship's tour and I think it was expensive for what you got, especially the lunch. We lucked out that it was only the three of us and a another couple, but the van could be filled with up to 12 people. We didn't put Hilo coffee, lunch or the candy store stop in the video because it wasn't that exciting or great video.

I would recommend Mary Lou's tours, we used them for a private tour on the Kona side, and wished we would of used them on the Hilo side as well, as it would of been much cheaper and as good or better experience.

Thank you for the information. I will look into Mary Lou's tours.