2019 cruises

thames_side

The new cruises are all now online in full detail

I looked earlier but I wasn't going to say anything yet because I couldn't tell if they've really not loaded them all yet or if this is just another fail of their new website technology. I could only see six cruises. Still the same. Oh well.

I looked earlier but I wasn't going to say anything yet because I couldn't tell if they've really not loaded them all yet or if this is just another fail of their new website technology. I could only see six cruises. Still the same. Oh well.

Are you clicking on the Preview Cruises button under the ad for the new cruises? I get 128.

Are you clicking on the Preview Cruises button under the ad for the new cruises? I get 128.

yes. it is helpfully filtering for me (no choice). banner reads "6 matching cruises" Maybe they've been speaking with the googler and they know what I want 8-}. or maybe I'm only allowed on these :{

Edited by YoHoHo

I received a promotional email with the link to the online 2019 cruises. I noticed the rates were not just a little bit higher. I wonder how these prices will compare to the Azamara Pursuit when they're released next week.

Most fares increased inline with inflation. However the off/cooler seasons seem to have increased 20% ish. Some sailings have decreased aswell

I suspect azamara will price high as they always do. However heavily decrease prices as sailings draw closer.

Most fares increased inline with inflation. However the off/cooler seasons seem to have increased 20% ish. Some sailings have decreased as well

I suspect Azamara will price high as they always do. However heavily decrease prices as sailings draw closer.

I understand about raising pricing however the cruise lines have been going much higher than inflation for more than the past couple of years. I agree with you that Azamara has been pricing higher because they've had available cabins on only two small ships. That's why I though it would be interesting to see what they do now that they're adding more cabins and whether they still price higher than O's higher pricing.

My first impression when I saw the costs were they're pricing like Azamara. But I"m not buying your inflation argument. I can't speak to your country's rate but according to Kiplinger Magazine,

Expect total inflation to be 2.0% in 2018, above the 1.6% rate we expect for 2017. Core inflation, which excludes food and energy costs, should also be 2.0% in 2018, after clocking in at 1.6% this year. (Their bold not mine.)

I haven't seen any cruise line's price increases held to near the inflation rate.

And according to the KNOEMA web site, inflation is only expected to be 2% in 2019 and 2020. https://knoema.com/kyaewad/us-inflation-forecast-2017-2018-and-up-to-2060-data-and-charts

I

I understand about raising pricing however the cruise lines have been going much higher than inflation for more than the past couple of years. I agree with you that Azamara has been pricing higher because they've had available cabins on only two small ships. That's why I though it would be interesting to see what they do now that they're adding more cabins and whether they still price higher than O's higher pricing.

My first impression when I saw the costs were they're pricing like Azamara. But I"m not buying your inflation argument. I can't speak to your country's rate but according to Kiplinger Magazine,

Expect total inflation to be 2.0% in 2018, above the 1.6% rate we expect for 2017. Core inflation, which excludes food and energy costs, should also be 2.0% in 2018, after clocking in at 1.6% this year. (Their bold not mine.)

I haven't seen any cruise line's price increases held to near the inflation rate.

And according to the KNOEMA web site, inflation is only expected to be 2% in 2019 and 2020. https://knoema.com/kyaewad/us-inflation-forecast-2017-2018-and-up-to-2060-data-and-charts

I

When I look at sailings that hold an average cost..by average I would say from 3,500 to 4,000. These seem to have only increased by 2.5%. However sailings at a lower price point such as the october/november med season. Have increased in the vacinity of 20%.

Last year they offered a bonus 250usd obc this year is only $100

Will be interesting to see what happens reductions are made.

Seems all cruise lines are on the up. Azamara pricing is far too high.

Seems all cruise lines are on the up. Azamara pricing is far too high.

Which is why I currently have three O cruises booked and none yet for Azamara upcoming.

I just did a comparison on a June 2018 Alaska 10 night cruise that I booked in April of this year. So it had been able to be book for quite some time. I am comparing the 2019 cruise for same days, same category, same month and same embarkation port even though no cabins have been booked for 2019 yet. All things being equal, it is 9% above what I booked. That's a little more than your average. Once the bookings open, I'm sure the price will rise even more in a short time.

I suspect that a 9-10% is probably an average across all lines, which is why I suppose I've seen several people on the various boards complaining about prices. Good thing for the cruise lines that the economy and stock market are doing so well. Otherwise the ships wouldn't be sailing so full.

I've usually booked more than a year out. Maybe I should wait for last minute deals and take whatever cabins are left if I want to save money?

Which is why I currently have three O cruises booked and none yet for Azamara upcoming.

I just did a comparison on a June 2018 Alaska 10 night cruise that I booked in April of this year. So it had been able to be book for quite some time. I am comparing the 2019 cruise for same days, same category, same month and same embarkation port even though no cabins have been booked for 2019 yet. All things being equal, it is 9% above what I booked. That's a little more than your average. Once the bookings open, I'm sure the price will rise even more in a short time.

I suspect that a 9-10% is probably an average across all lines, which is why I suppose I've seen several people on the various boards complaining about prices. Good thing for the cruise lines that the economy and stock market are doing so well. Otherwise the ships wouldn't be sailing so full.

I've usually booked more than a year out. Maybe I should wait for last minute deals and take whatever cabins are left if I want to save money?

Personally, I think it's simple supply and demand. We are in our mid 60's and started booking Oceania cruises (3 in 2018) because we found we were getting less bang for our "veranda" buck on HAL over the past few years and fell in love with Oceania on our first cruise. Since a HAL vista suite is now about the same price per day as a Oceania veranda, it was a no brainer to switch to O, and I believe there are a lot more folks like us doing the same thing.

Personally, I think it's simple supply and demand. We are in our mid 60's and started booking Oceania cruises (3 in 2018) because we found we were getting less bang for our "veranda" buck on HAL over the past few years and fell in love with Oceania on our first cruise. Since a HAL vista suite is now about the same price per day as a Oceania veranda, it was a no brainer to switch to O, and I believe there are a lot more folks like us doing the same thing.

You could probably find lots of examples of people switching to O but also switching back. I know our very wealthy friends have tried O twice on both classes of ships and are now sworn off them. They're back to mostly Neptune suites on HAL or back to Seabourn. They found O very expensive for what you got and they just weren't fans of the ships.

If you are looking for more bang for your buck you will get more on the main stream lines

For us we prefer the smaller ships with the less is more attitude

less people

less noise

It is a personal choice

People should choose what works best for them based on their wants/needs

This may work for Azamara (have a search for cruises within the next 6 months, you will find several for almost 50% of the original price) for Oceania they tend to stay more consistent than not

Supply and Demand plus market competition. To use a colloquialism, Oceania cut a fat hog when oil prices fell from $150/ barrels to $50. We, the customer didn’t see any of that in their pricing.

Some of their components are up, like food costs, airfare, and labor. Eliminating all the sundry docking fees, it doesn’t cost anymore for the ship to sail a day at sea in the Med or Baltic than it does in the Carribe. However, just do a little math on the per deim delta between the cruise prices in those different locales!!!

Oceania has a targeted clientele for which it prices its products at what Oceania believes that market will pay. They’ll always push the upper limits, but have often demonstrated price flexibility if that market responds with to few bookings. Total bookings are driving prices more than actual costs at this point. But if that above fat hog ever dried up and crude jumped to $100, grab your wallets!

Got the new 2019 salings brochure yesterday and went through it circling the ones I like. Once I was done I left it open to this page on the kitchen counter for the hubby. Here's hoping he agrees as it's been a lifelong dream of mine to go to Jerusalem. He has no interest in going there but I'm hoping and praying he says yes.

c682139cadcb054a66a290598ebd0bc8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Paul;

I haven’t sailed Regent yet, but I was looking at a couple of their cruises that after you add in the Premium Drink Package and Business Class Air onto O’s prices, Regent is less expensive on some of the exact itineraries. Then Regent still has some other benefits to add in.

2019 might become the year to check out Regents. Point of interest is FDR isn’t dumb. Is he setting this pricing up to get people to try Regent? Otherwise, it makes no sense!

$500 per person, on average, is about right based on my site, but I only track Oceania's fare with air. I could change that to the cruise only fare, but then all my history is worthless. (Also, I've got a bad case of ennui.)

Please don't let your "ennui" cause you to stop what you are doing . Your site is amazing and I can't even comprehend how much work you put into it. Are you not allowed to post the link here?

Please don't let your "ennui" cause you to stop what you are doing . Your site is amazing and I can't even comprehend how much work you put into it. Are you not allowed to post the link here?
I suspect they would not like promoting that site on this site. While CC encourages members to post about their own blogs, drib's (helpful) site goes beyond that with a link to a site that has a forum and has a very similar name. That part I think they would object too. The data collection is indeed great though.