Australian Visa Question

Woobstr112G

I'm not sure the reason why the difference for Australia and New Zealand. I know as Australians we have to apply for an ESTA for the USA. But we don't have to apply for an entrance visa when we go to Europe or the British Isles. So maybe that is a reason.

Yes, you need an ETA. I applied and within minutes, got it. It was 20 AUD, took seconds to apply.

An e-visa direct from the Australian Immigration Department is free. We renewed ours on 22nd July 2017 and the online response was almost instantaneous. First-time visa applications may take up to 2-3 days if there's a need to confirm items such as change of name or similar (as for Mrs Marchie - but her renewal application was approved in a few seconds). If you search for IMMI evisa (From memory it's an e651 - valid for stays of up to 3 months over the course of a year and it ties in with your passport records so you need to advise changes to passport numbers/expiry dates etc.

So if you want to visit New Zealand you don't need a visa, but if you want to visit Australia you do need a visa? I still keep shaking my head as to why you need a visa for one and not the other? Does anyone know the reason why?

Well the obvious answer seems to be that they're two different countries. For years you needed one for the US and not Canada.

You need an ETA. Very simple to get on line. Fill out the form and you will have approval back almost immediately. I would say that it is more a security pre clearance than anything else.

We have started to require one in Canada however certain countries are exempted. US is one.

An e-visa direct from the Australian Immigration Department is free. .

Yes free if you are from the UK and some other countries - It is best to check before using easyeta as I wonder if they would still charge you ,whereas the official site will not.