Newbie Looking for recommendations

Pauly1

Hi

We are looking to book a river cruise for the first time and thinking of France for a week. We have been cruisers for 13 years predominately with P & O. but have fallen in Love with smaller vessels and we're getting board with the repetitive ports.

We had a look at Riviera River Cruise's and like the look of 8 days Burgundy Provence,in April nest year, as a taster.

Any suggestions gratefully received

Hello Pauly1,

welcome to the river cruising boards. I presume you mean Riviera Travel UK? If so, I think you have chosen a very good company from what I can judge (a phone call enquiry on my behalf and seeing their ships on the Rhine). Burgundy would be pre-cruise, wouldn't it? The Provence is a great area to explore and many river cruisers have come back saying they loved it (on any ship).

Please have a look at the stickies at the top of the board's title page. There is great info from our host jazzbeau. Speaking of our host, he might put your post/thread into the main section as you have not asked about a particular port.

For the Provence I think April is nice, not too hot and Spring is already there. I enjoyed Provence in April on a land trip. Perhaps a minor issue might be flooding but it appears to be not as much a problem as on the Rhine or Danube.

If you like wine, Roman antiquities, want to sample different food stuffs then Burgundy and Provence I am sure you will enjoy. Hopefully, Riviera includes a trip to the Pont du Gard. That is not to be missed.

notamermaid