What exactly is "flavored water"?

brennan5!

What is the "flavored water" that people are referring to when discussing what drinks are free on the ship? Is it like the "Kool Aid" stuff? Or is it like "spa water" (flavored infused water).

thanks!

I'm leaving tomorrow - can't wait!!

B5!

What is the "flavored water" that people are referring to when discussing what drinks are free on the ship? Is it like the "Kool Aid" stuff? Or is it like "spa water" (flavored infused water).

thanks!

B5!

It is the same as anything you buy in bottles or cans made from concentrate. Or same as what you get when you order a "fountain" drink.

Many like to call it flavored water in attempts to disparage the cruise lines.

thanks!

B5!

Not Kool Aid but the type of flavored water available in your supermarket.

I would equate it to a Crystal Light type drink

It has artificial flavors and artificial sweeteners in it so it is not like regular water or spa flavored water.

This is true, but it have found that the lemonade that I have tried does not contain artificial sweetenersike the other flavors.. I have not had much of it (only a couple times) but have asked and tried it, because I cannot tolerate many artificial sweeteners.

Robin

I would equate it to a Crystal Light type drink

It has artificial flavors and artificial sweeteners in it so it is not like regular water or spa flavored water.

does that mean it's sugar free (diet)?

B5!

The flavoured water is definitely not sugar free. And as a previous member posted, very similar to Chrystal Light. I wasn't a huge fan at full strength, but a splash of it was nice to perk up my regular water.

thanks!

B5!

It's chemical laden crap.

I agree the iced tea and lemonade are something different and probably contain high fructose corn syrup or something similar.

Are these available all day or just during breakfast? I do not remember lemonade or the water when I was in the Epic in 2011.

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10 using Tapatalk 2

The Food & Beverage Manager on the Breakaway told me the Enhanced Flavored Water IS sugar-free.

I think some people are getting confused with the typical marketing language. "sugar-free" doesn't mean "unsweetened".

From what I've read the enhanced water is sweetened with "Splenda".

I'll be on the Pearl in 2 weeks. I'll confirm!

As far as I can remember, it is Nestle Vitality Water. When on the Getaway my family asked because my mother is allergic to some artificial sweeteners and they brought the box of concentrate to us so we could read the ingredients. It is sugar free but had some sugar substitute, I think it was sucralose.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It is available all day at the buffet beverage sections. It comes in sugar free and in regular (sugar sweetened) varieties. It is not as sweet as crystal light or other fake juice type drinks. It is more like flavor enhanced water.

• 3 years later...
Sadly not many people are concerned with artificial ingredients.

This is why I’ll drink water and possibly some martinis.

Not interested in ingesting Dow Chemical beverages.

this topic is about 3 years old..nice bump