The 80's Cruise

jmsdca

Has anyone been on the 80's Cruise? I believe the last one was on Holland America and the 2018 one is on Celebrity. We cruise often on Celebrity but have never done a themed cruise. I am concerned that this type of cruise may be 24/7 partying, and we don't want to end up on a ship full of drunken people vomiting over the rails. Would love to hear from anyone who has done this cruise in particular, or any of the other music-themed cruises. .

• 1 month later...

We did the 80s cruise this past February on Celebrity Summit.

It is a party cruise BUT totally worth it! There's always something going on until about 2am every night. The crowd is a bit older so no vomiting over the rails, lmao. There were nights I stayed out late and other nights I went in early. It's your vacation.....do only what you want to do. Food was good. Drinks were plentiful. Ports were good as well. Dressing 80's style is huge on this cruise. Theme night every night.... most people dress up.... but you don't have to.

I give it a thumbs up! I will probably return but most likely not 2018. Prices are double what I paid now. I hear they are over 70% sold out already!

• 1 month later...

This was by far our funnest cruise ever and this was our 23rd cruise. We attended this past year's 80s cruise in February on the Summit and had such a great experience, we did plan ahead with some creative outfits to partake in a variety of the theme nights such as Prom Night, 80s rocker vs hip hop night, 80s pop icon night, etc. All in all a great time and the bands were great (loved Belinda Carlisle and Berlin). After returning home we signed up for the 2018 cruise which departs on St. Patrick's Day with a different itinerary and musical lineup with still some great acts such as Rick Springfield, Mike and the Mechanics, LoverBoy, Berlin, The Tubes, Lou Graham of Foreigner, Thomas Dolby, Billy Ocean, Katrina of Katrina and the Waves, Tommy Tutone. My biggest musical surprise was how good the 80s cover band Jessie's Girl played, what a great show as they dress up for each 80s song in a variety of outfits, just hysterical stuff and they really rock and yes they are returning, they really hit it hard and the party does last almost all night long. It is over 80% sold out as of today. So glad we are going once again.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hi I am interested in more info for the 2019 80s Cruise aboard the Celebrity (March 2- March 9, 2019).

The pricing on their web site tells me its $2-3K per person for staterooms - is this accurate? I thought the pricing was for per stateroom, not based on a "per person" rate.

• 4 months later...

My name is Jim and I live & work in Washington DC. I’m looking for a cruise roommate to share a cabin. I am respectful, clean and fun! I would really like to join the party. If interested , please message me! It’s only three weeks away and I would need to find someone in the next few days to lock in airfare. Thank you and I hope I can join in the fun.