On Board Tours

rallydave

Other cruise lines have galley, bridge and other tours when available. We board Quest for 45 days in just 3 weeks and was wondering if Seabourn does these or others and if so how do we find out about them and sign up. Lots of sea days so hoping available.

Thanks for the replies in advance,

We were aboard the Encore for a 10 day cruise (Rome to Rome) recently and availed ourselves of both a bridge tour and a galley tour. Both tours were not announced until the day before each tour. They were announced in the Herald--and then we called Guest Services to reserve a spot.

Hi Dave,

Bridge and galley tours will be announced in the Daily Herald a day or two before the tour. You contact guest services to sign up. You could also contact guest services when you board, to get an idea of when the tours might be and to ask if you could sign up early. There is a limit on the number of participants per tour, with the bridge tour being smaller. In Alaska last month, the bridge tour was quickly filled, and Seabourn added another tour a few days later. By the way, Seabourn does not run bridge tours while the ship is under way, but only while in port or anchored (unless, I guess, you are a very special person with a private bridge visit).

See you on November 29.

I think it's wonderful that these are free tours--as they should be! At the same time, I thought that both the galley tour and the bridge tour could have been better organized and more specific. They were extremely informal. I would have enjoyed more information on the bridge--and more specifics about what it takes to prepare meals for passengers.

And Seabourn do not charge a fee for these visits, unlike other cruise lines!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just curious, which lines charge? That's outrageous. I have never been on a cruise line that charged but I usually stick with luxury lines. Even Celebrity, which I guess is considered a Premium line (IMHO they are mass market) didn't charge.

Other cruise lines have galley, bridge and other tours when available. We board Quest for 45 days in just 3 weeks and was wondering if Seabourn does these or others and if so how do we find out about them and sign up. Lots of sea days so hoping available.

Thanks for the replies in advance,

On our recent Quest cruise (Dover to Boston), Captain Joost Eldering regularly announced that guests were welcome to visit the Bridge on sea days, but to register with Guest Services first.

As to other tours, when do Seabourn typically put them onto the website? 6 months prior? We're sailing August next year and don't expect anything to be available (e.g. spa, tours) yet although unsurprisingly, you can reserve the retreat!

Hi Dave,

By the way, Seabourn does not run bridge tours while the ship is under way, but only while in port or anchored (unless, I guess, you are a very special person with a private bridge visit).

See you on November 29.

I wonder if something has changed since last year because I did a Bridge tour whilst on the South China sea and definitely moving! It was not a private tour but advertised in the Herald

I wonder if something has changed since last year because I did a Bridge tour whilst on the South China sea and definitely moving! It was not a private tour but advertised in the Herald

Yes, I think things have changed. On our recent Quest cruise the Bridge could be visited on sea days (after registering with Guest Services).