upgrade question: 2 connecting rooms to 1 2br haven

mpc863

Hi -

We have 3 separate reservations (as required by NCL). We have 2 connecting mini suites and for my family (husband + 3 kids) and another mini suite for my parents. We received the upgrade advantage email to bid on haven rooms. It would be great to do the 2 bedroom family villa but how does that work? We would only need one room then but technically you are only upgrading one reservation. What happens to the other room?

Thanks!

Hi -

We have 3 separate reservations (as required by NCL). We have 2 connecting mini suites and for my family (husband + 3 kids) and another mini suite for my parents. We received the upgrade advantage email to bid on haven rooms. It would be great to do the 2 bedroom family villa but how does that work? We would only need one room then but technically you are only upgrading one reservation. What happens to the other room?

Thanks!

Having stayed in the 2 bedroom villa let me warn you....it isn't REALLY 2 bedroom (at least not equal). One bedroom is very nice (king size bed) the other is basically bunk beds and one person can sleep on the couch in the living area.

Hi -

Thanks!

It does not work. If you get upgraded 2 days to cruise and cancel your other reservations, it is a 100% penalty. If you have “cancel for any reason” insurance, you could file a claim. But you still have to pay the Havens cost to add others to your 2BR, if the let you.

Right. You can't upgrade from 2 rooms to 1 room. All you could do is upgrade 1 room and then cancel the other, paying cancellation penalties. In your shoes I would just keep things the way they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I missed which ship... but having been in 2BR on Jade and Dawn.... it would not work. It is an awesome suite, but as said.

1 King

1 small room would be great for 2 adults or 3 kids. Nothing more.

If you did want it, you would have to get somebody on the phone to work with you.