Food

dalliowner

Every year I read that the food quality has gone down and worry about our next cruise only to find the opposite , on our last cruise on the Quest we thought it was the best yet. I expect I will be pleasantly surprised next spring on the Odyssey :)

Do Cruisers think Lobster in reasonable frequency is a must have on the menu of a Luxury Cruise Line ? My DH was very disappointed that other than a lobster fettucine it was not offered on our last cruise. The cuisine otherwise was top class and totally delicious. He knows he can ask for Lobster but he says that is not the point it should be offered. I am interested to hear what Seabournites think ?

We recently sailed on the Encore (September 2017) and I noticed that the Lobster dinner had been removed from the Thomas Keller Grill menu. I did not specifically notice lobster on other menus--but I was not looking for it either.

Just off the Odyssey and we had lobster on the regular MDR menu at least once. We also found the food (and this is always personal) very good. And the (still very young) Exec. Chef (Tom.G.) was great, very approachable, super ambassador for the SB brand.

We recently sailed on the Encore (September 2017) and I noticed that the Lobster dinner had been removed from the Thomas Keller Grill menu. I did not specifically notice lobster on other menus--but I was not looking for it either.

Nonetheless, in the little flyer where they explain the food outlets on Encore, they still explicitly mention lobster Thermidor in the TK Grill - apparently no one bothers to update the information; the Restaurant Manager had not noticed and when asked about it said it was just a general description...

I just spent a month on Encore. Various lobster preparations were offered several times over the past month in every eating venue, except the sushi restaurant. Lobster Thermidor was on the TK menu the entire time.

On our September sailing on the Encore, there was a brochure in our room about the TK Grill. It included a menu wit the lobster entree on it---with a line drawn through it. It was not offered on our sailing which was 10 days.

I really don't recall if Lobster was offered in the MD.