Epic Thermal Suite Pass - please share your experiences. :)

Shayhooper

I think you have to decide if the value is there for you. If you like spas, Epic's was once the largest at sea. There's a large thalassotherapy pool, steam, dry saunas with excellent views and many heated ceramic loungers. There's even an exclusive outdoor deck.

If you burn in the sun, there is almost no shade on NCL ships, so this might be a good option. If you just want a place to get away to relative quiet, this might be a good option. But as you say, it's not super cheap, so first decide if you are a spa person.

For myself, I love me the spa. I can spend hours there at a time.

Epic was my first experience with the thermal spa. Loved it and now I'm hooked. Anytime I book with NCL, I always include the thermal spa. Well worth the extra $. So relaxing and quiet. You'll love it!

My favorite spa at sea. It would be worth $200.00 to me!

I'm cruising solo on Epic in January and was eyeing the Thermal Suite Pass. At $200, it is a good amount of money so I want to be sure that I will feel like it is worth it.

Please share with me your experiences with thermal suites!

I too am going solo but in November. I booked the pass because I love the spa plus it looks like a great place to get away from the crowds.

I do have 2 questions....1. on embarkation day what time can we go in there? 2. are there hygiene products supplied in the locker room?

I too am going solo but in November. I booked the pass because I love the spa plus it looks like a great place to get away from the crowds.

I do have 2 questions....1. on embarkation day what time can we go in there? 2. are there hygiene products supplied in the locker room?

Generally the thermal suite is available at 4pm on embarkation day. Prior to that the staff are giving tours. There should be towels, robes, body wash and shampoo available in the locker room.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I agree with all the posts so far. We tried the thermal suite on the Epic by buying a day pass in March on a port day (this isn't always possible to do, depends if the passes are sold out, we got lucky) and liked it more than we thought we would. We booked it for the entire cruise for our next one in November on the Epic as well.

• 1 month later...

Just got back from my solo cruise and LOVED the thermal spa. I used it every day but 1 (got a sunburn) and went in multiple times each day. I found going right when they opened at 8:00 to be the best time to go. On sea days it is very busy. This was the best $200 I spent in a while! Treats yourself and splurge

• 1 month later...

Doing the Epic in March and this thermal spa is enticing to me. On previous cruises I've used the spas exclusively for my hygenic needs. The steam room is my favorite and the showers are more roomier than the cabin ones. Hence my question. Is the steam room/showers exclusive only to the thermal pass? Two hundred more for a shower/steam is pretty steep.

Bought the Thermal spa for our last Epic, was definitely well worth the money. Sadly after looking at the Jewel I'm going to have to pass, everything is set up by gender, and DW and I prefer to be together.

The spa pass gives you access to a dressing/changing area, lockers, showers, and gender specific sauna. In the mixed area you have a large thalassotherapy pool, hot tub, steam room, and two dry saunas with views. You also have the heated loungers and fantastic aft view and balcony.