Free drinks at Buffet - Lemonade? Current Info?

cruisingadget

I've searched the forum and found a lot of contradictory (or possibly outdated info).

Could someone please provide updated info on free beverages in the Buffet? It sounds like Lemonade was at one point available. Is that still true? Is that universal across ships, or does it vary by cruise?

Thanks!

On our Escape cruise last month, Lemonade, Iced Tea, Mango Flavored water, and another flavored water (maybe strawberry or something pink). This was the same on the Getaway last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off the Breakaway this morning & they had lemonade, iced tea, mango water & a fourth drink for free. Of course they had hot tea and regular & decaf coffee. I thought the drinking water out of the tap was delicious and so did several of my friends.

On our Escape cruise last month, Lemonade, Iced Tea, Mango Flavored water, and another flavored water (maybe strawberry or something pink). This was the same on the Getaway last year.

All this was on a Jewel in Alaska and Getaway.

Just off Escape from the weekend, yes, they have a free beverage center set up with Ice, Water, Decaf Coffee, Regular Coffee, Hot Water, Iced Tea, OJ, Lemonade and Strawberry flavored water. I believe I saw a cranberry flavor, too, but no quoting me on that.

Are the flavored water sugar free?

Based on how sweet they were, probably not :(

Most of the items would specify if they were Gluten Free or Sugar Free, and nothing stated on those drinks. The iced tea was unsweetened, though.

I just got off the Spirit and they offered the same drinks from the dispensers. Juice is offered on the same machines but are switched out before the lunch buffet.

Pink drink is strawberry kiwi

I never saw a sign stating that the flavored water was sugar free and they did not taste sugar free.
To me they taste sugar free (or they did the last time I tasted, which was a long time ago), and as I posted in an earlier thread, I think they are sugar free:
"Natural flavors" — which does not sound to me like the same thing as "real fruit" clear.png?emoji-wink-1685 — but artificial sweeteners (sucralose and acesulfame K).

The brand appears to be "Vitality" (Nestle), so you can check the full ingredients here: tropical mango & strawberry kiwi.

The buffet has coffee? if the coffee is free at the buffet, why are people griping that the UBP doesn't include coffee?

The free coffee (in the buffet and in restaurants) is brewed coffee, or filter coffee, or whatever you call it. What is excluded from the UBP is specialty coffee, i.e. espresso drinks.

The free coffee (in the buffet and in restaurants) is brewed coffee, or filter coffee, or whatever you call it. What is excluded from the UBP is specialty coffee, i.e. espresso drinks.

Yes I don’t care for the free coffee but do like the specialty coffees/lattes at the Atrium bar.

I found the early morning coffee at the buffet to be good and strong, but by 8am with the hords or hungry travelers trying to get off the boat. it got bad. We would get coffee at dinner too which was French pressed at the table at specialty restaurants was good.