Disembarkation day concession

galeforce9

Does anyone know whether any guests are ever extended the offer of staying aboard on disembarkation day beyond the usual 9am to wait for their later flight? I wondered whether this was ever offered to diamond plus or wintergarden suite occupiers etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have once stayed on a few hours extra after securing the permission of the HD when we first boarded the ship. What is not possible is to remain in your suite. You can hang out in one of the public rooms if you have been given this prior approval. Approval is not conditional on your cruise history or suite level — more a matter of specific port regulations etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have once stayed on a few hours extra after securing the permission of the HD when we first boarded the ship. What is not possible is to remain in your suite. You can hang out in one of the public rooms if you have been given this prior approval. Approval is not conditional on your cruise history or suite level — more a matter of specific port regulations etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Chairsin.

The advantage of booking Seabourn Air is if you have a late flight they usually book a day room in a good hotel for you:)

Usually but our Barbados one last time was horrendous. In the middle of renovations, hardly any space and very downmarket. Never got around to complaining after I got back but it was appalling. This is why I’m asking as it will be Barbados again and the ba flight is teatime.

I'm a first time sailor with Seabourn and I'm also wondering what we are going to do on our debarkation day at Barbados. Flight to the UK with BA doesn't leave until 17.10 hours and don't know what we can do with our luggage if we find something to occupy ourselves with for the day. I'd be grateful for any advice.

I'm a first time sailor with Seabourn and I'm also wondering what we are going to do on our debarkation day at Barbados. Flight to the UK with BA doesn't leave until 17.10 hours and don't know what we can do with our luggage if we find something to occupy ourselves with for the day. I'd be grateful for any advice.

Yes cariad. We hoped to be able to get a taxi tour in the morning then perhaps pick the luggage up. At Venice we were able to leave luggage in a storage facility at the port for a small charge

Not certain that I would leave my luggage on any Caribbean island, but that is just me. How about hiring a van and driver for the day...tour the beautiful west coast...enjoy lunch in a waterside setting...and be transported to your airport. Your driver and luggage remain with the van.

Seabourn is offering airport transfers and an island tour excursion on our March 31 sailing for guests with later flights.

Nashna thanks. However, I hate ship’s tours and prefer to either travel independently or on a smaller group/private trip, so I think that is the way to go. The luggage is an issue though. I’m not sure I’d feel happy leaving it in any unattended vehicle on the way back to an airport

We did what PaulaJK suggested back in 2012 in Barbados. Hired a taxi/people carrier for the morning. There were plenty by the cruise terminal and we were able to negotiate a good price. Took us for a drive around the island - to the Botanical Gardens then to some place I forget the name of, which had been recommended for lunch. We took the suitcases off the taxi and they were looked after in the restaurant lobby. After liesurely lunch and a short stroll on the nearby beach we phoned for another taxi to take us to the airport. However I think the luggage would have been safe on the taxi while we had lunch (Barbados is not DR Congo, after all).We didn't want to keep the driver hanging around.

We hired a car and English speaking driver in Athens and spent a delightful 6 hours seeing the sights, shopping and having a delightful seaside lunch. We made the arrangements right at the pier. Our luggage was safely stowed in the trunk.

I'm not really looking for a tour of the island as I've been there twice before and seen quite a bit of it. I was wondering if the beach club at Nelson's Boatyard has somewhere to store luggage and maybe have a shower and change before going to the airport.

Just a thought- we often book a private tour for disembark day. The car picks us up with our luggage at the ship. We tour for a while with luggage in the trunk. and then the car drops us at the airport

Just a thought- we often book a private tour for disembark day. The car picks us up with our luggage at the ship. We tour for a while with luggage in the trunk. and then the car drops us at the airport

Hi. Would you usually book a seabourn private trip or one you’ve found elsewhere? Thanks

cariad - if you have booked Seabourn's flights and transfers, you should be taken to a hotel and provided with lunch (flights after 3 but before 6). And your luggage stored there. For flights after 6 you would get a day room - we prefer to have the lunch! In Europe the standard is pretty high; we have had some unexpectedly good lunches, but don't know about Barbados. You will then get a transfer to the airport at the appropriate time for checkin.

We are also on the BA flight ( on 3rd March). Last time we hired a cab to take us on an Island tour, visited Hunte's Garden and another botanical garden then had lunch on the East Coast before being dropped off at the airport and intend to do something similar next year.

Hi. Would you usually book a seabourn private trip or one you’ve found elsewhere? Thanks

We do our own. ( no need to worry about getting back to the ship on time). We usually check out TripAdvisor for recommendations. We plan to do it on our “upcoming “ trip ending in Athens.

cariad - if you have booked Seabourn's flights and transfers, you should be taken to a hotel and provided with lunch (flights after 3 but before 6). And your luggage stored there. For flights after 6 you would get a day room - we prefer to have the lunch! In Europe the standard is pretty high; we have had some unexpectedly good lunches, but don't know about Barbados. You will then get a transfer to the airport at the appropriate time for checkin.

Thank you lincslady. We've definitely booked flights with Seabourn and I can see transfer on our booking so hope that we'll be included in the hotel with lunch. That would suit us well.

Cariad - (Isn't that the Welsh for dearest or darling?) I have just looked at the documentation I still have for our latest cruise, when our flight was just after 3 p.m. The 'travel planner' (description of excursions mainly) which arrives about 8 weeks before your cruise only shows flights and transfers; the 'documentation' smaller booklet which arrives a couple of weeks or so before does describe your transfer arrangements in detail. When you get this hopefully it will mention a transfer to an 'interim location', with a voucher or similar for a meal. We have found it a peaceful if not exciting way to relax a bit in comfort, have a decent lunch, usually with wine in Europe, and get taken to the airport probably two to three hours before flight time.

In Europe we have had this sort of transfer twice in Copenhagen, once in Rome, and three times in Barcelona, and particularly in Barcelona had really lovely lunches with plentiful wine provided in high class hotels. I know someone on here said they had a grotty hotel in Barbados once; hopefully this was an aberration!

Yes Lincslady, cariad does indeed mean dear/dearest in welsh. Thank you so much for posting details of your interim travel arrangements, this would be perfect for us and just what we would have done under our own steam. Thanks to Seabourn, it looks as if we won't need to worry about occupying ourselves for the hours before airport transfer. I must say, I'm impressed with Seabourn so far.