Seabourn to and from Barbados

NoVa Mimi

Like many, our cruise in March will now be out of Barbados rather than St. Maarten. In searching for air reservations, I believe I've met my match.

We are traveling from Washington D.C. and have several days cushion, however, our return date on 4/7/18 we really don't have but 1 extra day to have as a cushion.

I am finding many of the flights take 20+ hours or leave Barbados at 7:45 am. Does anyone from the D.C. area have any experience with this route? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Does your ship arrive back in Barbados the day before disembarkation? Otherwise I think that you are going to need a very good TA to assist you. We were playing w plans for a similar itinerary but never booked it because the return from BGI to New Jersey were overnight ! And over 20 hours! Good luck.

I am facing a similar dilemma on American to DFW. The flights into Mia are 7:45am. Too early on debarkation day. Then there is a 3:45pm flight that is all booked for the 7th. We will have to at least stay till 8th to get a flight.

I also can’t find where to find flight ease online to check out Seabourns options. Their link hasn’t worked. Anybody know how to access it?

You might have to spend an extra night in Barbados post cruise. Then you should be able to find a decent itinerary which takes you Barbados/Miami and Miami/DC in far less than 20 hours.

That sounds like a great solution and one I will check into. Thank you!

I am facing a similar dilemma on American to DFW. The flights into Mia are 7:45am. Too early on debarkation day. Then there is a 3:45pm flight that is all booked for the 7th. We will have to at least stay till 8th to get a flight.

I also can’t find where to find flight ease online to check out Seabourns options. Their link hasn’t worked. Anybody know how to access it?

Don, you have to contact Seabourn or your travel agent.

Does your ship arrive back in Barbados the day before disembarkation? Otherwise I think that you are going to need a very good TA to assist you. We were playing w plans for a similar itinerary but never booked it because the return from BGI to New Jersey were overnight ! And over 20 hours! Good luck.

Paula, I think we will look into staying in Barbados and getting an early flight the following morning. My goodness, I had no idea fares would be so high...perhaps we should go to Tahiti 😊

Barbados always was a popular in season island. This year the hurricane damage to several other island has made it hot, hot, hot. Plus cruise ships are using it for embarkation/ debarkation. All of this makes for high fares. Ugh!