"FREEDOM" class cabin 9204

Sonny

I'm thinking of changing my Promenade cabin to a Cat. L outside on deck 9 in front of the ship with a view of the bow of the ship. I've been looking for of photo or description on the web but found nothing. The two center cabins are family cabins. The cabins on either side is what I'm interested in.

You would need to be more specific to the ship.

9204 on some of those ships are inside cabins not along the front wall

Some of this ships converted the cabins on deck 9 to scenic ocean view cabins.

Make sure you are looking at an updated deck plan for your ship.

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj577/Casey298/DSC02084.jpg (9197)

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/513/Valor_Feb11_002.jpg (9200)

• 3 weeks later...

I've never been in that exact room, but I've been in the family room you mentioned (might have been a different deck) on both Freedom class and Voyager class, and thought they were great. Obviously the size of the family rooms are an additional bonus, but I really liked the location, bonus room aside. I loved the view from the front of the ship both at sea and in port. That was probably my favorite part. I also liked that it was relatively close to the pool deck and other fun areas. For some reason I prefer to go down more decks to the Promenade areas and only up a couple of decks to the pool from my room. Don't know why! I think those rooms are also a little bigger than the promenade cabins, so you would still get some additional room space. I never noticed any noise problems, and all the reviews I've found said the cabins were quiet. They're below the bridge, so I don't think they'd be too loud anyway. I actually just changed my rooms from 2294 and 2294 to 9504 and 9502 on Independence of the Seas and am super excited about it.

Just a few things to note, you can definitely feel the movement of the ship more here than in other areas of the ship, especially when laying in bed or standing in the shower! Not a problem for us, but could be if anyone is prone to seasickness. Additionally, at night, your stateroom attendant will close your curtains because the room is below the bridge and light from the cabins could bother them. We didn't mind, and just turned off our lights if we wanted to peek out the front during hours of darkness.

I actually just booked a Promenade cabin on Navigator of the seas (8595) so it looks like we might have similar tastes! If you decide on the promenade, let me know how it is. :)

I'm thinking of changing my Promenade cabin to a Cat. L outside on deck 9 in front of the ship with a view of the bow of the ship. I've been looking for of photo or description on the web but found nothing. The two center cabins are family cabins. The cabins on either side is what I'm interested in.

being that far forward --if you hit rough waters you will feel the most motion.

the higher you go the more the sway

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/images/fleet/cabin_type/gallery_main/shp_fr_family_oceanview_305.jpg

voyager of the seas: http://images.cruizr.com/CFO49550de05391b.jpg (9500)