"part. obstructed" on Triumph???

Spoke to a Carnival rep today to get updated pricing and she said something about cabins on Triumph on upper decks that have "partically obstructed" views...the way she explained it was that they had windows with one-way glass that were on decks where people would walk by (she said most didn't probably even know they were cabins from the outside). Would these be "6E"? Anyone know which cabins/decks she was speaking of"? Thanks.

No, these obstructed cabins are across the front of the ship. see deck plans and look at cabins 6207 etc.. they are on other decks too..not just the upper deck.

the outside of the cabin is a public deck-- people can walk by your cabin.. they will use the glass like a mirror. cant see in but you can see them.

Are you looking to book these cabins because a fe of them are cabins that have beds that are not able to go together.

look on the deck plan at the legend to see what cabins dont.

I don't know what people normally pay for a balcony, but a balcony with military rate is only like $77 pp more. We just figure that's a lot of pictures and foo-foo drinks.

We're really just in our rooms to sleep, change and shower and occasionally nap in the afternoons on sea days. We like to have decent sized breakfasts (more than the pastries/cereals/fruits and such that room service offered) so once we're up and out of the room for breakfast, we're off and running for the day. Then back to the room to get ready for dinner, then off to dinner for pre-dinner cocktails and/or sushi, dinner, shows/hanging out in the bars/lounges, a goodnight walk on deck (with some soft serve :D ) and we barely make it back to our rooms before becoming comatose in the "sleep of the dead" that an awesome active day in the sun brings on. :) (OMG, we're booking in the next week or two, I'm DYING just thinking about it, LOL).

Thanks for all your help via email the other day. I'll get back to you on what we decide. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
No, these obstructed cabins are across the front of the ship. see deck plans and look at cabins 6207 etc.. they are on other decks too..not just the upper deck.

the outside of the cabin is a public deck-- people can walk by your cabin.. they will use the glass like a mirror. cant see in but you can see them.

Are you looking to book these cabins because a fe of them are cabins that have beds that are not able to go together.

look on the deck plan at the legend to see what cabins dont.

Hi Serene

I have to correct you. 6207 is a Balcony not an OV. As i will be in that room in 13 Days:D , Remember She is asking about Triumph not Liberty.

I will check out obstructed room areas and will let you know Parrot when I return;)

correction taken-- BUT the OP was asking about the obstructed oceanview cabins on the Triumph and the only obstruction IS the oceanview cabins on the front. I used the Liberty photos to explain the obstruction.

Most ships DO have this-- I think the spirit class is the only ones that dont.

correction taken-- BUT the OP was asking about the obstructed oceanview cabins on the Triumph and the only obstruction IS the oceanview cabins on the front. I used the Liberty photos to explain the obstruction.

Most ships DO have this-- I think the spirit class is the only ones that dont.

I hear what you are saying and that has raised concern with me knowing that guests will be able to stand in front like that, as 6207 is last balcony on starboard in the front, I hope people can't just peek at us easily.

Hey you might know that answer:confused: Is it easy to just peek around that wall or is there a long enough wall to where it is to hard to see into the room?

i tried to do that for someone while on the Liberty-- its pretty hard to do that.

its a flat wall on the wall thats forward. No one will even think about it.

PS-- its very rare that anyone even went out there. you dont see the door fromthe hall way. You would have to purposely know that it is there and you can go out there.

People on cruises tend not to venture anywhere just for the heck of it.

Before we left there were some posts asking about that door and if you can hear it when it closes. Since we had people in the cabin next to the door- they both said you cant hear the door.. so that should be good for you since your cabin is on the oppisite side.

well- remember that the person on the other side can lookinto your balcony if they are standing at the rail. You only have one neighbor--and you wont see them no more after the cruise anyway.

is this your first time?

• 5 weeks later...
well- remember that the person on the other side can lookinto your balcony if they are standing at the rail. You only have one neighbor--and you wont see them no more after the cruise anyway.

is this your first time?

Not my first cruise but it was my first Balcony.

And for our neighbor,:mad: I never saw them at all on Balcony as I was always out there when in room, But I saw her the last night and said hey neighbor and she started getting an attitude with me telling me that we need to control our kids from running back and forth in our connecting Balcony:confused: <---was my expression. I told her we don't have any kids with us and she then said well maybe when your gone they go in there and again:confused:

I told her it was me a wife only and there is no other cabin next us other than her and she argued and I told her that I thought the kids are in her room and she shruuged and thought I was crazy so I told her she is a liitle crazy and can ask Lada our room steward or call security and even offered her to look in our room.

Anyways I am happy I never saw them the whole trip.

Oh by the way people in the front of ship can easily look over into your cabin There was just 1 single panel with that extra piece of metal sticking over to hide us.

Hi Lakeman953' date='

I will be on the Triumph in May & was wondering if you could let me know how you room in 6207 works out as I will be in a similar one on my cruise. Thanks & enjoy your cruise[/quote']

Well as it was a handicap cabin it was great with LOTS OF ROOM, I hope to get that cabin everytime I cruise on Triumph, It was pretty windy heading toward our destinations But coming back not as windy on our side, Wierd:confused:

Archived