Shopping on board

GUT2407

We have a fair old bunch of OBC, I’m sure Mrs Gut will manage to get through it, but she was asking what shops are on board.

As for me the only things I’d be remotely interested in is a new Camera (Canon man) or maybe any Apple products, otherwise I leave the spending in her capable hands.

And also very expensive. Also how do you expect to have problems sorted out which occur after you have left the ship? Shops are independent contractors and not NCL employees. It is even to get satisfaction on board when things go wrong. We bought a watch, it didn't work after two days and we had a h... of a job getting it replaced.

Also remember that large cost purchases are likely to be reported to US customs.

And also very expensive. Also how do you expect to have problems sorted out which occur after you have left the ship? Shops are independent contractors and not NCL employees. It is even to get satisfaction on board when things go wrong. We bought a watch, it didn't work after two days and we had a h... of a job getting it replaced.

Also remember that large cost purchases are likely to be reported to US customs.

Well I doubt I’ll have to worry about US customs in Australia.

Re:

Cameras Binoculars accessories memory cards sticks usb device all outrageously overpriced and you being

the captive guest on board are going to pay that - Me thinks not ! Use your cell phone for stills and video.

Watches would have better luck with your Mickey purchase on ebay with warranty guarantee seller paypal backing.

I bought a Citizens ECO watch on Ebay for 1/3 the NCL ship price of $450.

Computer stuff a very limited selection if any - your ship making a port stop where there is a Wal*Mart store go that route same for photo gear.

Jewelry - know your stuff - buyer beware - cavet emptor - and all those precautions.

Cosmetics - not my forte - field of dreams.

Duty Free Liquor - again know your stuff - can you do better at home or across state lines if that is the case ***

*** is it worth hauling that case of booze home by way of air with possible breakage and baggage fees ?

There maybe bargains to be had and sales worth a look but choose wisely - if there are customer issues with

merchandise how do you get a refund return faulty goods and who do you get it from NCL or the vendor ?

And those fancy hand bags are you getting the real thing or a incredible good looking FAUX that customs may

seize from you.

BUT THEN YOU HAVE THIS OBC and it was free - enjoy your purchases - there is something about FREE

that just can not be ignored !

One thing that is definitely a deal is cigarettes. My DW smokes and she bought (4) cartons of Marlboro Menthols for $123 on the Getaway. Customs did not even ask to see our declaration form in Miami, so there was no duty. At home, her best deal is $53/carton, $212 for four.

Whenever I have non refundable obc I stock up on high end makeup & skin care products. I have also bought a very nice movado watch (which ended up being cheaper on the ship than on land, dumb luck that I hit a good sale!) and some nice Swarovski jewelry.

Most goods (except for cigs/alcohol) tend to be more expensive on board but if you don’t use that non refundable obc you lose it - so I rather have some Lancôme mascara that I paid 2 more dollars for using obc than nothing at all.

Some ships do have handbags but I’m sorry cannot recall which brands they were. I know I have never seen Coach or Louis Vuitton.

The selection varies ship to ship. I think that some of the smaller ships don’t even carry makeup but I could not be remembering properly as I don’t always “shop”.

Enjoy your trip and hope Mrs Gut finds stuff she likes in the stores🚢👜🛍

Whenever I have non refundable obc I stock up on high end makeup & skin care products. I have also bought a very nice movado watch (which ended up being cheaper on the ship than on land, dumb luck that I hit a good sale!) and some nice Swarovski jewelry.

Most goods (except for cigs/alcohol) tend to be more expensive on board but if you don’t use that non refundable obc you lose it - so I rather have some Lancôme mascara that I paid 2 more dollars for using obc than nothing at all.

Some ships do have handbags but I’m sorry cannot recall which brands they were. I know I have never seen Coach or Louis Vuitton.

The selection varies ship to ship. I think that some of the smaller ships don’t even carry makeup but I could not be remembering properly as I don’t always “shop”.

Enjoy your trip and hope Mrs Gut finds stuff she likes in the stores🚢👜🛍

Thanks, coach is one she likes, didn’t really think she’d get Louis Vuitton, but with some OBC she’d be looking for some things for daughter and daughter in law for Christmas.

You can always buy CruiseNext certificates to put toward future cruises!

Sent from my H3321 using Forums mobile app

This is always our 1st purchase, spend $250 for $500 worth of certificates then go "shopping" with whatever is left!

Another poster mentioned tips, I did not think that non refundable obc could be used for tipping (that's the type of obc we tend to have offered to us)

We have a fair old bunch of OBC, I’m sure Mrs Gut will manage to get through it, but she was asking what shops are on board.

As for me the only things I’d be remotely interested in is a new Camera (Canon man) or maybe any Apple products, otherwise I leave the spending in her capable hands.

Have never seen either on board. NCL seems to be a Nikon place.

What about make up handbags that sort of stuff?

That’s what Mrs Gut will be looking at to get through our OBC I expect.

I've seen Guess brand handbags on the Dawn. Beautiful bags, not exactly "high end" per se but still lovely. Around the $100 range give or take. Probably not fake as some have surmised.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

For cosmetics you will see Este Lauder, Lancome and Clinique. There may be a few others but I always see these three. My non-refundable OBC is keeping my cupboards stocked with mascara & all kinds of face cream.

Thank you I think Clinique is one they use a bit of.

This is always our 1st purchase, spend $250 for $500 worth of certificates then go "shopping" with whatever is left!

Another poster mentioned tips, I did not think that non refundable obc could be used for tipping (that's the type of obc we tend to have offered to us)

I did not think that non refundable obc could be used for tipping - - -

Non Refundable OBC "CAN" be used for tipping and is an excellent way to use up the remaining value if any

is left over after shopping the on board gift shops. I think the cabin steward and dining waiters are going to be

disappointed - left over OBC - surely I am jesting !