Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line

mkcurran

Got an interesting call from a "travel agent" offering me a free vacation that included a cruise to the Bahamas on an old Costa ship.

I believe the offer included 3 days at a time share before the cruise. All I had to do was pay for my airfare, which they would arrange for me, and the cruise fees.

Anybody ever bite on this offer? How much of your vacation time did you lose to the time share people? Was it enjoyable after all?

Personally if I'm going to fly across the country to go on a vacation I"m not spending 3 days on land.

It’s a very tired old ship with bare bones accommodations/food. You would be surprised at the amount of the cruise “fees” they would expect you to cover.

As part of your preparation, you should invite an encyclopedia salesman to your house for one evening, followed by a financial planner/life insurance salesman for the next evening.

There is a forum here for Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line and some very loyal followers. Repost there for good info. Yes, their ships are older, but not as old as most of the ships sailing for Fred Olsen, Phoenix Reisen, Cruise & Maritime, Marella...EM

Bahamas Paradise cruise line has two ships sailing out of the Port of Palm Beach. Yes they are ships that were more or less saved from the scrapyard but many regulars enjoy them and consider them a good value for a two day getaway.

The timeshare center is good distance away from the port and there is no avoiding going there as that is where you get your boarding pass, however there have been some reports of getting away with demanding the pass as soon as you walk in then hightailing it out of there. But of course you can always book direct and avoid having to jump through the timeshare hoops. You will pay a little more but often other perks are available from the cruiseline or a TA.

I have not sailed with this Company. Regardless of the "not so positive comments" that have been made, I am considering a cruise with them when I am next in the neighborhood of West Palm Beach. Why? It will be another "interesting cruise experience".