Price Drop on Edge

hvsteve1

The new promotions offer two perks instead of one in the lowers levels. Our second leg of the B to B (Dec. 6 preview and Dec. 9 Inaugural) we're doing is in IO. Our agent tells us that, as we haven't made final payment, he was able to add OBC to the beverage package we already had.

The new promotions offer two perks instead of one in the lowers levels. Our second leg of the B to B (Dec. 6 preview and Dec. 9 Inaugural) we're doing is in IO. Our agent tells us that, as we haven't made final payment, he was able to add OBC to the beverage package we already had.

That's great! :D

I was interested in this thread until I looked at the prices for the Jan 20th (my sail date) prices. Now there are no AQ cabins available and a Concierge cabin is over 2X as what I paid for the AQ. I selected the same perks as far as perks go. Of course I booked the first week bookings opened so this has been a long time coming.

Booked on Day 1 for the Dec 6th cruise, and somehow got a Single Balcony cabin for $1100 with a $300 onboard credit. And then randomly another $150 "Goodwill Shipboard Credit" was placed on the booking. So now I guess there is $450 to spend onboard during a 3-night cruise to Nassau.

At this moment I don't think I'll actually go, and need to make a decision before Final Payment. Am I being absurd for cancelling this cruise?

Booked on Day 1 for the Dec 6th cruise, and somehow got a Single Balcony cabin for $1100 with a $300 onboard credit. And then randomly another $150 "Goodwill Shipboard Credit" was placed on the booking. So now I guess there is $450 to spend onboard during a 3-night cruise to Nassau.

At this moment I don't think I'll actually go, and need to make a decision before Final Payment. Am I being absurd for cancelling this cruise?

I'm the wrong person to ask. ;) If it were me, there is no way I would cancel - I would use the OBC to optimize the cruise: premium drink package, specialty restaurants, spa treatments or thermal suite pass, some Edge souvenirs... I guess it just depends on how much you want to try out this ship. :D

I don't know about other sailings, but the high prices on the Dec. 6 preview sailing have apparently not been too well received. There is still inventory as final payment approaches, especially in Sky Suites. We were booked in S3 and just upgraded to S1 for a lower price than we were going to pay for the S3.

Another small drop for S1s and S2s on this cruise today...

I've just received a promotional email from Celebrity and clicked into it to look at an 11 night Amalfi Coast cruise on Edge in September 2019. No way would I ever consider paying stg £7642.06 for two pax concierge on a cruise like this! Absolute joke

I too am very excited about the Edge, but am on it later this year. Are you checking with TA for price drops? I am not seeing where cruise critic has that feature anymore, but I have been absent awhile. Thanks.

I don't work with a TA so have alerts set up online. We can't name a site on here, but you can google cruise price alerts to fish around for a site that will alert you about price changes for a small fee.

I don't work with a TA so have alerts set up online. We can't name a site on here, but you can google cruise price alerts to fish around for a site that will alert you about price changes for a small fee.

I tried to change our IV today to a lower level (6th level obstructed, a better location for us) through my TA and Celebrity wanted to jack the price up $400 pp, plus we would lose our $300 in shipboard credit. Yes we are paid in full, but I can't fathom why they wouldn't jump at the chance to getting back a better cabin. We said no thanks. We're Elite Plus but that did not matter at all.

I tried to change our IV today to a lower level (6th level obstructed, a better location for us) through my TA and Celebrity wanted to jack the price up $400 pp, plus we would lose our $300 in shipboard credit. Yes we are paid in full, but I can't fathom why they wouldn't jump at the chance to getting back a better cabin. We said no thanks. We're Elite Plus but that did not matter at all.

My fishy hints have not been sent in a long time. I thought it dried up. Sometimes X makes no sense, as far as changes. Sorry about your experience.

Just a curiosity question, why is a lower level obstructed view SR better for you than the one you have now, which I assume is unobstructed?

Den

That doesn't make sense, does it? I have never had a problem changing cabins within the same category, and the changes I made were always for a better situation.

That doesn't make sense, does it? I have never had a problem changing cabins within the same category, and the changes I made were always for a better situation.

Just relaying the facts. My TA is a 20 year veteran Senior TA veteran, manages the location, at a major agency and has a lot of contacts at Celebrity. Had no luck.