Single Parent with 10 year old

Horsey1234

I’m on the hunt for a cruise where my daughter and I can spend time together while on the boat. We both love adventure so know what we want onshore but not sure what boats have the best family activities that don’t involve her just going to kids club and me doing something else. I really don’t want ANY “down time” without her, this would be our time together.

I would look at Carnival at some of the newer ships like Sunshine, Vista and Dream and their sisters. You will have great food options and good sport squares for all kind of games. All have putt putt. Carnival does “tea time” at 3 on sea days, and even as an adult the Seuss parade is fun to watch. The shows that have Hasbro game show would be fun at night and she might enjoy playing the live Clue.

I am not a RCI fan because I find the staff to be stand-offish and the food not as good for higher prices and more nickel and dining.

Disney of course would be great - but high dollar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Royal Carib is fun with the rock climbing wall, sports court, mini-golf. But really, most any of the ships will have plenty to do if you join in the activities - always group games to join, dancing, shows to see, etc. We're not a "sit by the pool" family and we still always leave the ship feeling like we didn't get to do all we wanted.

I’m in just the same position. We have continued to cruise on Royal Caribbean. My son (10) loves the smaller ships as much as the big ones, he might visit adventure ocean a couple of times if they are doing science or something but I’m happy if not. We do lots of the free stuff on board like napkin folding as well as one or two $$ bits like the sushi class or cupcake decorating.

We take travel games for evenings or bad weather and spend lots of time in the pool. Scavenger hunt is always good fun and adventure ocean usually have a family activity during the day at some point.

We love Royal Caribbean. The Oasis class is amazing, or if you want a bit smaller sone of the amped ships would be great. We took our kids on Mariner in August a d they loved the slides , SkyPad and laser tag. You can easily join in or watch. And our kids didn't go to the kids club. Like you, this is our family time together and we had an amazing time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk