HAL refunded me $172 ($86 pp) in mid September - I have no idea why

sppunk

Today I was reviewing my credit card charges and noticed two $86 refunds from HAL in mid-September. That amount to me seems like port fees but our last HAL cruise was a S Caribbean trip on the Koningsdam in December 2016, so a ways back.

Anyone else get a refund?

Future Cruise Deposit refunded and converted from a different currency?

You won the HAL computer programming lottery?

Please let us know if you find out!!

Nope, my FCD is already taken for our upcoming May Volendam trip!

If I won the lottery I’ll be sad it’s missing a few delights I always dreamed about. :)

Today I was reviewing my credit card charges and noticed two $86 refunds from HAL in mid-September. That amount to me seems like port fees but our last HAL cruise was a S Caribbean trip on the Koningsdam in December 2016, so a ways back.

Anyone else get a refund?

I had a random credit from HAL about a year ago. Turns out they credited back part of a partial payment for a cruise. No one could explain why, but the amount I owed increased by the amount of the credit.

I had a random credit from HAL about a year ago. Turns out they credited back part of a partial payment for a cruise. No one could explain why, but the amount I owed increased by the amount of the credit.

HAL has none of my money - a FCD is holding a cruise where payment isn’t due until February.

Just a WAG but I bet you didn't get that in writing ... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good guess. In my case, I knew that they had refunded part of my payment, they just couldn't tell me why.

I paid, they refunded, I had to pay again.

Was a thread about this several months ago after they started sending out these checks. I was told by HAL that it was the result of an audit- likely overcharge on port charges or on board Mariner credits not received during a cruise.