Booking without Explore 4

VMax1700

On the UK/Ireland website, I cannot book a cruise without Explore 4 being included.

As I will be on K'dam next month, I may try to book onboard.

Could someone who has access to pricing including and without Explore 4 tell me what difference to expect? I am looking at an 11 day Caribbean sailing in March 2019.

Thanks!

I have obtained pricing from a US online agency and was given two prices for a 14 day South American cruise in 2020. The basic price was US$550 per person less than a booking which included a free beverage package (not the full explore 4).

We have recently returned from a 14 day Alaska cruise with HAL and booked the basic fare. We then prepurchased beverage cards totalling US$500. This covered nearly all our beverages other than wine in the Dining Room for which we purchased a wine package. We certainly spent less than theUS$1100 (2 x US$550) than the fare we have been offered with a beverage package. I guess it depends on how much you drink!

We are booked on the same ship in April. The upcharge was just under $300 per person for Explore4. That includes the beverage package and a dinner in the Crown Grill. It was worth it to us.

Which HAL ships have the Crown Grill? When was CG introduced to the fleet? Can you share a copy of the CG menu? And how does the CG compare with the Pinnacle Grill?

Which HAL ships have the Crown Grill? When was CG introduced to the fleet? Can you share a copy of the CG menu? And how does the CG compare with the Pinnacle Grill?

Crown Grill is on Princess. I'm sure she meant the Pinnacle Grill.

Helen

I must be doing things wrong. I try to get cruise fares w/o the promotion, but it's not available.

We had a beverage package on our recent Emerald Princess cruise. We had cokes a couple times a day, a few glasses of wine of fancy drinks and a couple specialty coffees. So, we defiinitely didn't get the value. We may have drank more, but we also had a free minibar set-up.