American Cruise Lines Historic South & Golden Isles New Year's Dec. 30, 2017

LoveToTravel43

My husband just returned from the above trip on the American Constellation. It was a trip that should have been cancelled before we boarded in Charleston on Dec. 29! Passengers & crew on the previous cruise had become infected with the Norovirus, as we learned after we got on. On our trip, many passengers as well as crew subsequently sickened. Neither the captain nor the crew addressed the problem...it was always all smiles all around...despite the ever emptier looking dining room. My husband had to be hospitalized after our return on Jan. 6 & is still incapacitated. He will require a stay in a rehab facility after his discharge. It is hard to underestimate the effect this trip has had on his health & on our well-being. Why on earth the decision was made to continue to expose passengers to an infected ship is beyond me! It was half-way into our cruise that half-hearted measures were taken to prevent further spread, such as the elimination of the breakfast & Happy Hour buffets. I sent a letter to the CEO of ACL describing our experiences. Needless to add, we will never travel with them again.

• 1 month later...