Please Help Me! I Have Never Been on a Cruise Before!

Hi there!

My name is Kiersten Peeples. I am trying to plan a surprise cruise for my boyfriend of 7 years. He is graduating nursing school and so I would like to give him something spectacular. He has always wanted to go on a cruise ship from the Carnival Cruise Line. I went on Carnival's website and picked out my top favorite cruise lines that the both of us would enjoy based on the amenities that each cruise had. Those are:

1. Carnival Vista

2. Carnival Breeze

3. Carnival Magic

4. Carnival Dream

5. Carnival Sunshine

I know for a fact that I would like a balcony. The cheapest ones I have found are over $2000 for the both of us. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find cheaper tickets or is this how they are usually priced?

Some more details:

Departure Date: Anytime in June 2018

Cruise Length: 3 - 5 days --- 7 days MAX

Departure Port: Anywhere in Florida

Price: I am looking to spend no more than $1500 for the both of us

Destination: It does not matter - anywhere is fine.

If anyone could help me I would be forever grateful as I have no idea what I am doing. :o Thank you so much for reading and I am looking forward to hearing back from you soon! :)

You have posted the same series of questions on multiple threads. Please read the responses and take the advise of contacting a travel agent to guide you through the process.

Darcy

Thank you Darcy! I posted the same question on multiple boards all at the same time hoping to reach as many people as possible so that I can get as much advice as possible. I have already reached out and contacted a travel agent. Thanks for your concern!

Thank you everyone for all these wonderful tips! I am taking the time out to respond to everyone individually! If I haven't responded to you yet, I will be shortly. I want to get everyone's thoughts on this....

I actually took the advice of what most everyone is saying and contacted a travel agent. He was able to find me a 5 night cruise on Carnival Conquest with a balcony. For June 2 - June 7. It goes from Port Everglades, Florida to Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands, Half Moon Cay, Bahamas, and Nassau Bahamas, and then back to Port Everglades Florida. It's $1992.70 with travel insurance included. What does everyone think? Is this a good deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you everyone for all these wonderful tips! I am taking the time out to respond to everyone individually! If I haven't responded to you yet, I will be shortly. I want to get everyone's thoughts on this....

I actually took the advice of what most everyone was saying and contacted a travel agent. He was able to find me a 5 night cruise on Carnival Conquest with a balcony. For June 2 - June 7. It goes from Port Everglades, Florida to Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands, Half Moon Cay, Bahamas, and Nassau Bahamas, and then back to Port Everglades Florida. It's $1992.70 with travel insurance included. What does everyone think? Is this a good deal?

• 5 weeks later...

I actually took the advice of what most everyone is saying and contacted a travel agent. He was able to find me a 5 night cruise on Carnival Conquest with a balcony. For June 2 - June 7. It goes from Port Everglades, Florida to Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands, Half Moon Cay, Bahamas, and Nassau Bahamas, and then back to Port Everglades Florida. It's $1992.70 with travel insurance included. What does everyone think? Is this a good deal?

This is a fun itinerary. My criteria for cruising is no more than $100 per day per person. I have the flexibility to cruise off season which helps. But if this works for you, you should go for it. Only you can decide what you are willing to spend. Check multiple sites for prices. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Doesn't Carnival still uses envelop for tipping? (Optional tipping)

Same here $100 - $150 is my typical cost point. But for $2k in June when price typically start to rise and with insurance, it is not a bad price. (Insurance for cruise between June to October is highly advisable.)