Getting from LAX to port of Long Beach? Passport Bus?

I leave on a Carnival Cruise out of Long Beach in just under 2 weeks. I'm flying into LAX and trying to find the best way to get to the port. I saw there is a bus called the FlyAway that runs from LAX to Long Beach where you can then catch a free bus called the Passport to the cruise terminal. Has anyone attempted this? My flight lands at 9:00am so I'm hoping I should have plenty of time to get to the port as long as there are no flight delays. Any advice? TIA.

It’s a bit cumbersome

The Long Beach Flyaway Bus would take just under an hour. It stops at the Transit Center. The free Passport busstop is the next street down the hill and a block away. It’ll stop in the parking lot of the Queen Mary.

We’ve taken the Flyaway and the Passport busses separately without too much hassle.

There’s not much room on the Passport bus. Best for those who travel light.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the reply. It's just going to be my 12-year-old son and I and we are just planning to take a carry on bag each. I could book the Carnival transfers or use Uber, the Flyway bus seems like a much less expensive option and it doesn't sound like there is too much to mess up since it goes directly from the airport to Long Beach? I'm not familiar with the L.A. area though, so I will just do Uber or Carnival transfers if the Flyaway is a bad idea? I was thinking the Flyaway might work out well since it drops off in downtown Long Beach. I was hoping there would be shops there to pick up a few things for the cruise we can't bring on the plane.