UBER to Beverly Centre from San Pedro

Hello all,

All the LA excursions on my upcoming cruise are 5 hour bus tours, which does not interest me.

I thought of taking an UBER from the port to do some shopping in LA. The Beverly Centre looked good, as it has many shops that we don't have here in my hometown.

Looks like it's a 50 minute drive from the port. Does anyone know if an UBER could pick us up from the port, or would we have to walk across the street? There seems to be lots of rules for where UBERs and taxis can pick-up and drop-off.

Thanks for your help!

In San Pedro the Uber can pick you up curbside.

I'd go The Grove and Farmer's Market over the Bev Center.

Thank you for the reply! :)

We are hoping to look for grad (prom) dresses for my daughter. Would there be shops at The Grove/Farmer's Market that would have fancy dresses?

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Los Angeles and can tell you that is no where in the Farmers Market to buy fancy clothing. There may be something at the Grove, however if you are looking for a good mall, go to the newly remodeled Century City Mall instead. Lots of good shops and restaurants and much nicer than the Beverly Center. Enough shops to keep you busy for hours. Uber will probably cost you around $60 each way. Taxis will cost more than twice as much.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

r if you are looking for a good mall, go to the newly remodeled Century City Mall instead. Lots of good shops and restaurants and much nicer than the Beverly Center. Enough shops to keep you busy for hours. Uber will probably cost you around $60 each way. Taxis will cost more than twice as much.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ohhhh....wish I had seen this sooner! Oh well.

We went to the Beverly Centre, checked out Macy's and Bloomingdales, and felt like we were done. I had no interest in looking at Jimmy Choo, Burberry or anything like that.

We did have lunch at Farmhouse, which was very good.

Uber was ~$45 to get there, and would have been ~$65 to get back because it was a busy time (3:00pm). Luckily, my phone died, so I had to spend half an hour to charge it, and the price went back down to $45 by the time we left!

Thanks for the advice!