Water taxi to Grand Anse

jewels5440

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it's rebuilt and moved down the beach to the Market Area.  Can be tricky for some depending in the height of the tide.

Water Taxi Fare was $5.00 pp return, but the Q for WT from port can be long depending on the number if ships in port.

Retun WT waits until full before leaving Grand Anse, and if raining you are required to sit and wait.

No Life Jackets carried by WT

There is a good chance it will rain heavily towards the end if the day, so take cheap disposable plastic ponchos.

We take a road taxi there and back.  Plenty of taxis outside hotels, and up/down the main road, just walk through the hotel from the beach (under cover). Fare about $25.00 each way for the whole cab.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Life Jacket inserted

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, CallyCruzer said:

Was just there two weeks ago.  Frustrating waiting for the water taxis to fill up.  Beach too crowded to be enjoyed.  Was hoping it would be better this time but was actually more crowded than last visit.  Won't return!

Could you please tell us how many ships were in port that day thank you

15 hours ago, CallyCruzer said:

Was just there two weeks ago.  Frustrating waiting for the water taxis to fill up.  Beach too crowded to be enjoyed.  Was hoping it would be better this time but was actually more crowded than last visit.  Won't return!

That's evidence of a T'erd infestation.

To avoid T'erds

Take a taxi to the far end of GA.

Or

Taxi to Morne Rouge, Magazine or Pink Gin.

On 1/21/2019 at 4:45 PM, CallyCruzer said:

Did you venture further south on the beach. There is somewhat of a grouping mentality so if you stay where the water taxi drops you it will get super crowded especially if you come on a day when three ships are in. Walk 10 minutes max south and there is noone else around you

2 hours ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

How much is the taxi to the area away from the pier and where do they let you off

Ontario Cruiser

Why just go to the far end of GA?  

For a few extra dollars take a cab to MR, gave $25.00 each way including tip. 

Plenty of space,  better experience, bed rentals, nice beach bars with great food and service, beer by the bucket, but most importantly No Ts.

Bars will truly value your business.

Your driver will be happy to collect you at a specified time.

Then on next visits visit Magazine and Pink Gin.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mari10 said:

Hi,

question: do any of the mentioned beaches have umbrella as well as loungers to rent ?

if taking a taxi are the roads flat, we have a nervous passenger in our group.

Yes, there are also umberellas for rent.

Flat?

If you are asking about the condition of the roads, then they are good compared to other Caribbean Islands.  If you as asking are there any hills, then yes.

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Yes, there are also umberellas for rent.

Flat?

If you are asking about the condition of the roads, then they are good compared to other Caribbean Islands.  If you as asking are there any hills, then yes.

Thank your for your help.

Hilly is okay, but my DH has a probkem with winding curvy, I guess like mountainous roads without guard rails, so I always need to ask about the roads to our destination. 

22 hours ago, IslandStar said:

Did you venture further south on the beach. There is somewhat of a grouping mentality so if you stay where the water taxi drops you it will get super crowded especially if you come on a day when three ships are in. Walk 10 minutes max south and there is noone else around you

47 minutes ago, mari10 said:

Hilly is okay, but my DH has a probkem with winding curvy, I guess like mountainous roads without guard rails, so I always need to ask about the roads to our destination. 

2 hours ago, mari10 said:

Wishing you all a great day.  

Know you will.  

Plus you'll be well away from T'erds

Tip:  As it is known to occasionally rain late afternoon/early evening on the beaches of Grenada, take a couple of cheap plastic disposable Ponhcos; just in case.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Tip

On 1/27/2019 at 9:50 AM, IslandStar said:

We did go south on the beach - I knew not to stay close to the water taxi.  It was really crowded our day and no amount of walking was getting us out of the crowds.  It was unfortunate.  

22 minutes ago, CallyCruzer said:

We did go south on the beach - I knew not to stay close to the water taxi.  It was really crowded our day and no amount of walking was getting us out of the crowds.  It was unfortunate.  

Think note to self is needed.

Forget the T'erds on GA [aka Babylon] and head further south (over the hill) for a better experience of beautiful Grenada and it's wonderful people.  Your journey would be appreciated and business valued.

Realisticly, by the time you have walked though the precinct, Qd for the water taxi, transported to GA, walked far south to find a quiet spot (little or no chance), you will could have actually arrived at MR in comfort and style, and be selecting your quiet spot.  Decisions, decisions?