Majestic Princess cruisetour booking got messed up. Any advice

hoopslover

Long story short we booked 17 months ago for Oct. 23 cruisetour on the Majestic Princess. 2 other couples booked later and we linked our reservations with TA. Today both of them had the tour portion of the trip switched. We now won't see them at all on the day 6 day land portion. Princess doesn't know what happened. They are trying to figure it out but they think it has to do with the flights within Australia and the company handling that just switched 2 couples and left us. Other than contacting Princess and our TA any suggestions or has this happened to anyone on cc? I have the phone # of the company in Australia handling the land portion. Waiting to call them until I hear from Princess tomorrow. All of us were so looking forward to traveling together. What if it was close family instead of close friends? Leaving in 11 days. I posted on Princess board also.

Follow-up on moved tour.

My TA called Princess this morning and was told that 2 of the 3 were moved arbitrarily even though we had linked reservations. They are moving us to join our traveling companions but the other tour has terrible flight times. We don't leave Cairns for Sydney until 4:30 and our arrival time is 8:30. We lose our entire first day in Sydney. Also we have 2 flights to get from Ayers Rock to Cairns. 1+ hour layover.

TA asked for some kind of compensation and got NOTHING!

They do a lot of business with Princess and she wrote an email to them expressing their poor customer service for not even notifying her or any of us that our tour had changed. Had my traveling companion not checked the personalizer we never would have known,

I am cancelling my Princess Alaska cruisetour. Any other cruiseline would be better at this point.

I am the OP and wanted to let you know the outcome.  Princess tried to blame one of the 3 linked reservations for making a change 2 weeks before sailing.  None of us did.  Then they said it was at random.  Again not true.  My TA finally went up the supervisor line and found the truth according to Princess.  My 2 friends were the last 2 who booked the cruisetour.  I guess we will have to go with that.  They wouldn't change them back to my tour so I had to move to theirs to be together.  It is fine except for losing one half day in Sydney.  Our flight from Cairns back to Sydney is not arriving until 8:25 p.m.  We were supposed to have afternoon at leisure and evening at leisure.  We won't get to the hotel until at least 9:30.  Day lost. Had I known this schedule we would have stayed an extra day in Sydney.

Princess customer service did call us 2 days later and gave  each couple 2 dinners at the Crown Grill for our trouble. 

We leave for Auckland in 3 days.  I will write a review when I return.

• 1 month later...