Great restaurant and bar on beach near ship

jdapowers

MAXINES on boardwalk

This place is awesome. Great new local restaurant, opened by an ex executive chef from a fancy hotel. Maxine and Jonathan , the owners are very friendly and hard working. Their son Leondo was here today and he and Suzanne made me a wonderful frozen concoction. Great tables on beach covered with palm fronds and have inside restaurant. Bathroom spotless.

Maxine is an excellent cook from Jamaica with special spice recipe on their wings. The aroma of Jonathan cooking on the grill as you walk by will get your attention. If you want chairs on the beach they have an agreement with the Red Umbrella people. Their bucket of beers for $10 had a wide selection and their mixed drinks are excellent and best price on beach.

Great Atmosphere, great food and great people.

If you are coming by cruise ship take the easy walk toward town and onto boardwalk.

Jerk wings are tasty...best we have had on any island. Everything they sell is fresh, bought local in the morning. When it's gone it's gone so come early. Heard red snapper is a favorite.

This is a new place, only open a few months. Come support the locals.20181005_105549.thumb.jpg.d54678c22b5e19b9e8075025e0430d33.jpg

Sent from my LG-G710 using Forums mobile app

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

JDAPOWERS, thanks for the info on Maxines.  We've not been to St. Maarten for a few years.  Will you please refresh my memory on getting to the Boardwalk to find Maxines?   I seem to recall taking a water taxi at one time, but am not certain. 

Any information would be appreciated.