Cruise Pier/Terminal

Mid43

Good day all, for those that have been to Barbados previously, we are arriving on Norwegian and have a tour arranged where we will be meeting the driver by gates 2 -3 past the cruise terminal.

How far is the ship from the cruise terminal? I will be traveling with my elderly Mother and walking is a little bit of an issue. If the ship is a bit of a distance, are there shuttles available between the ship and terminal?

Thanks in advance.

It was about a 5-10 minute walk for us to get off the pier and clear of the mandatory shops. I do not recall seeing any shuttles, golf carts or pedi-cabs, but I was also not looking for them. Besides posting here you might reach out to NCL to see what services they can offer/suggest.

We were just there Sept 20th off Freedom and didn't see any type of transportation service available to get from the ship to the terminal. However our ship did have two departure ramps available we opted for the one nearest the terminal...a bit better to walk inside the ship than outside (it was very warm/windy).

Once in the terminal there will be easy signage (or ask) for those going on tours.

Best of luck and enjoy your cruise.

Distance will depend and vary greatly depending on how many cruise ships (the dock is a predominantly industrial/cargo port) are in port that day, time of arrival and assigned berth. You can end up 80 yards from entering the terminal or you can dock at one of the further berths and have to walk over 200 yards just to enter the terminal. That said, in three trips to Barbados, I have not seen carts, shuttles or other means to transport passengers from/from the ships at the pier.

BTW, we like shopping in the Cruise Ship Terminal with some interesting shops.

We like to island products to take home to use or for gifts. Especially their bags of Barbados Brown Sugar.

We love using it for cooking, baking and for hot cereal during this cold season. 

Enjoy the visit. Shuttles are pretty available almost to the ship gangway to the terminals back entrance.

Quite a distance from the ship to the gates.  You have to pass thru a  small shopping mall and then you head out to the walkway to the gates.  You may want to see if you ship offers any assistance.  I did not see any shuttles last week when we were there.  

Edited by MA cruisers

• 3 weeks later...

We were there 2 weeks ago and met our SilverMoon pick up at gate 2.

Ship was at furthest pier, walk was apparently 400yards according to staff.  We opted to walk instead of waiting.
We got 100 yards before 2 shuttle buses passed us....the walk in the heat was slow for me and my big belly.  We opted for the shuttle back....they run very frequently.

FYI- Gates 2 and 3 are simple parking spots, just outside of the building with shops that you'll walk through. 
Similar to a bus terminal with "gates" for each bus to park.  We went looking for what we assumed would be an entrance of some kind....nope.
The "gate" signs are overhead, above each bus/van parking lane.

Edited by cdnmr