Excursions with kids question

t_fins

hello,

I’ll be taking my first cruise in November. I have two daughters. One is 7 and the other is 4(will turn 5 the day we return)

Most of the excursions I saw on RCCL site say 5 and over. Do you think they will allow her to participate 3 days before her 5th birthday?

Also has anyone used excursions not listed on the cruise line website? Any reasons not to do that?

Welcome to the boards ! :D

What types of excursions are you looking for? :confused:

It is easy enough to do one of the many beach clubs on your own for less $$ and more time on your schedule. Taxis are fairly well regulated on Cozumel (especially compared to the crooks in Philly! :mad: ), and the fares to popular tourist spots will be clearly posted on a board near the taxi line for your pier.

Playa Mia, with a kiddie water park and a variety of packages is popular with families, as is Paradise Beach ($3 admission/chair rental, nice beach, good facilities, HUGE pool). Chankanaab Marine park offers options to swim with the dolphins, sea lion shows, small beach, small pool, etc.

Tours Plaza offers many independent excursions and is often suggested on this board.

Give us some more info and the suggestions will be closer to your target. ;)

The kids love the water and the idea of swimming with Dolphins. I was researching and found that Dolphinaris is only about a 20 minute taxi ride from Royal port. It looks like my older child could do the dolphin swim and my younger child do the interaction. Figure I’d be there for 3-4 hours so might leave some time for shopping, etc. My biggest concern with booking outside of RCCL was the timing if I was delayed and they left without me. But I’d assume if I’m that close to port I’d have no issues getting back before ship departs...

Chankanaab is where my kids did the dolphin swim thing a long time ago; taxi ride there currently takes about 10 min and should cost about $12-13 each way for up to 4 passengers in the cab. Chank also offers a nice beach, small pool, separate snorkel area, sea lion shows, nature trails, etc. Easy enough for your family to spend most of the day there and then save some time for shopping in town or on the pier. Have a great cruise! :cool: