Inaugural Voyage on Nat Geo Quest

We are signed up for the inaugural cruise of the National Geographic Quest on June 26th through Alaska's Inside Passage. Haven't seen much about the ship; not sure if it's a new build or an acquisition. We look forward to it's maiden Lindblad cruise nonetheless, and sailing again with Flip Nicklin, the expert whale photographer. I hope to post more as we find out more details, and perhaps from aboard during the sailing. This will be our third and fourth Lindblad trip, respectively, for me and my wife.

Hi Tyler!

This is Lindblad's first-ever new-build. We have a brief overview here. We'll also be onboard for the christening just two days before your sailing, so we will be updating the review and reporting live.

Hope you have a wonderful time and consider reviewing your experience when you're back on land!

Happy Sailing,

~Brittany Chrusciel, Associate Editor, Cruise Critic

• 1 month later...

Disappointed to now have been notified that this trip is in jeopardy. We have received the warnings and the offers to help make us whole. I must say lindblad is handling it as well as they can and the offers are generous. Disappointingly we are likely to take them up on the cancellation.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

We took their offer and scheduled the owners suite on the Caribbean Sailing Ship, and still got money back. We will just have to circle back to Quest later.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are still weighing our options. Just out of curiosity, what were you offered.? It sounds like you may have been offered something different from us.... we were essentially given two options, although they labeled it as three:

1. Rebook another cruise to be taken in 2017 or 2018 for half the cost, or

2. Take a refund and $2K per person to be applied to a future cruise.

They also offered for us to go only on the optional Denali trip we had also booked and they'd pay for the changed flights or if we chose not to go, to refund the money. Obviously, they also offered to refund all cancellation charges incurred from the airlines and hotels due to the cruise being cancelled.

It sounds to me like your offer might have been different. Was it and if so, what were you offered if you don't mind my asking? We are still grappling with this change in plans and what to do about it.

In any event, enjoy your new cruise!

No, sounds like our offers were the same.. I think you'll find the inaugural cruise was longer than the July 15, so I think ours was more expensive. I'll be more specific if you like on email. My user name at mindspring dot com.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app