Celebrity Summitt to Bermuda 5/17/15 What is your favorite thing to do in Bermuda?

JimInBuffalo

We will be on the Summitt on 5/17/15 for the 7-day cruise to Bermuda. We are looking for things to do while we are there for the 3 days of the itinerary.

What is your favorite thing to do when you go?

We are fairly active and can walk everywhere, love the beach and I am a snorkeler.

We were there for just one day last November on the Explorer of the Seas and were very impressed with the island. We went to Horseshoe Bay using the public bus system and we plan on buying a pass for the days that we will be there this time.

I would welcome any suggestions and tips on getting around and what we should plan on seeing.

Thanks in advance,

-Jim

45 degrees in Buffalo today and mostly sunny

day 1: Coco Reef Resort until around 2:30. As soon as ship docks, get taxi for resort. We too are avid snorkelers and plan on snorkeling by Elbow Beach by the resort, early in the am. Then relax by pool, have lunch. Head back to ship 2:30 to 3:00. Quick shower and change- then get next ferry to Hamilton for the Wed festival. taxi to Origional Swizzle Inn for light dinner and swizzle. taxi back to ferry area for the festival, then get ferry back to ship. Day pass for Coco Reef resort is now $60 pp, not the bargain it was, but it does include a nice lunch, umbrella and chase lounges. Free internet at hotel if you need it.

day 2: Hidden Gems Summer Excursion: very light hike to Tom Moore's Jungle--cave swimming, cave exploration--Coopers Island Nature Reserve- snorkle and beach- stop at St. David's lighthouse for view- includes lunch and icecream--

day 3: My dh is going to just use Celebrity for the sunken ship snorkel--

Me: hot stone massage, instead-- in the am we will get rum cakes by the ship at the Rum Cake place.

OP -- I second the suggestion to check out the Ports-of-Call boards. There are a couple of locals who post there regularly -- you can get a lot of good info, over there. Also, consider joining your roll-call. Bermuda is a favorite "repeat" destination, so you'll probably find folks there who can answer many of your questions. :cool:

PS -- We're on the cruise after yours -- please take good care of Summit, for us! :D

We will be on the Summitt on 5/17/15 for the 7-day cruise to Bermuda. We are looking for things to do while we are there for the 3 days of the itinerary.

What is your favorite thing to do when you go?

We are fairly active and can walk everywhere, love the beach and I am a snorkeler.

We were there for just one day last November on the Explorer of the Seas and were very impressed with the island. We went to Horseshoe Bay using the public bus system and we plan on buying a pass for the days that we will be there this time.

I would welcome any suggestions and tips on getting around and what we should plan on seeing.

Thanks in advance,

-Jim

45 degrees in Buffalo today and mostly sunny

Windy as heck here in the Hudson Valley, feels like 20 degrees and more rain and snow tomorrow. Winter just won't let go! well getting back to original question. We have been to Bermuda many times and have seen most of the islands sights. We hire a blue flag taxi for the two of us for about 4 hours. Have them take us thru the Island and stop when we see something we like. We usually wind up in St George's and do shopping, then head back to Hamilton, do more shopping then take the ferry back to the ship. That is day 1 (Wednesday) in the evening of day 1 we always attend the street festival in Hamilton and take the Ferry back to the ship. This time out on day 2 (Thursday) we are heading to the 18 hole putt-:putt golf course. Views are magnificent. Day three (Friday) we hang out in the Dock Yard. You can see it all in one morning unless you want to swim with the dolphins, in which case I would do that the first or second day in port. Have yourselves a great vacation. We love Bermuda, have been going there since 1982 and still can't get enough of it!

Gary

OP -- I second the suggestion to check out the Ports-of-Call boards. There are a couple of locals who post there regularly -- you can get a lot of good info, over there. Also, consider joining your roll-call. Bermuda is a favorite "repeat" destination, so you'll probably find folks there who can answer many of your questions. :cool:

PS -- We're on the cruise after yours -- please take good care of Summit, for us! :D

Hi wwcruisers,

And we are on the Summit just after you so please make sure they do care for the Summit. Thanks in advance! Happy Cruising !!

Hi wwcruisers,

And we are on the Summit just after you so please make sure they do care for the Summit. Thanks in advance! Happy Cruising !!

LOL June -- will do! :D

(I just can't guarantee that there will be any rum left, by the time you board! :p)

Windy as heck here in the Hudson Valley, feels like 20 degrees and more rain and snow tomorrow. Winter just won't let go! well getting back to original question. We have been to Bermuda many times and have seen most of the islands sights. We hire a blue flag taxi for the two of us for about 4 hours. Have them take us thru the Island and stop when we see something we like. We usually wind up in St George's and do shopping, then head back to Hamilton, do more shopping then take the ferry back to the ship. That is day 1 (Wednesday) in the evening of day 1 we always attend the street festival in Hamilton and take the Ferry back to the ship. This time out on day 2 (Thursday) we are heading to the 18 hole putt-:putt golf course. Views are magnificent. Day three (Friday) we hang out in the Dock Yard. You can see it all in one morning unless you want to swim with the dolphins, in which case I would do that the first or second day in port. Have yourselves a great vacation. We love Bermuda, have been going there since 1982 and still can't get enough of it!

Gary

The street festival on Wednesday nights in Hamilton doesn't start until June - so we're out of luck there :(

Just hop on the ferry or bus and get off and wander around wherever you end up. We did that for all three days and loved it. Met lots of locals who told us where to go see next and they were right.

Gail

Gary

Sounds like a fun time...thanks for posting. I too will check the Bermuda ports forum. So far, there are only 2 of us on our roll call.

Our favorite things:

1. Walking the South Shore Park path between Warwick and Horseshoe! Absolutely gorgeous viewsfrom the bluffs!

2. Taking the ferry to St George, walking around St George and visiting the Unfinished Church.

3. Snorkeling Church Bay. The water can be a little rough, but if you go early, you will have the beach to yourselves!

4. Enjoying a beer at the Frog And Onion Pub before sailaway!

Have a wonderful time! We will have a quick 8 hour visit in October. Back to the South Shore for us!

Lauri

Our favorite thing to do at the Dockyard is visiting the fort. Sounds stupid and the first time I just went because my husband wanted to but it was very interesting and the views are awesome. Watching the dolphins at dolphin quest was great too.

Laura

• 2 years later...

Since I first posted this thread, we have been returning to Bermuda every year and are going again in May 2018. Last year we were thrilled to be in Bermuda to see the practice runs for The America’s Cup races. There was so much to see in the harbor and the improvements made in advance of the races should benefit Bermuda for years to come.

In our last few trips, one of the favorite things for us to do is to visit the “Sea Glass” beach. It is easy to get to (if you follow the directions). It is very close to the pier and you can easily walk there.