Things to do when renting a whaler from Blue Hole watersports at Grotto Bay?

Pandot

Last time we made it to Bermuda, I was travelling with a two year old boy with special needs: we didn't get to the east side of the island: just horseshoe bay, snorkel park and BAMZ.

This time, we are travelling with the same boy but he will be almost 10 (and is much more manageable) and his 6 year old sister. We really want to see some of the East end of the island(s). We are water people, so I thought a whaler rental would be great. What would you recommend seeing in the whaler (renting from BHW at grotto bay)? We love to swim and the kids would love to snorkel! We plan on finding the blue hole in TMJ but unsure if it is easier to do by water or by hike. We will also pop in to the Cathedral cave (shh) since we are at Grotto Bay for the rental.

Looking for input on places to go in our whaler (given the 4 hours). We will be doing it day one or two of our trip (Escape) so no time crunch. Thanks in advance.

(We plan on ferrying to St. George's and bussing to grotto bay).

Looking for input on places to go in our whaler (given the 4 hours). We will be doing it day one or two of our trip (Escape) so no time crunch. Thanks in advance.

They will give you a map and you should ask for the best places. Since it was 2005 I can’t recall all the details from then but as you can see in my photo there were several whalers at this small beach so it is a known place. It is very shallow there and to the right is a coral reef for easy snorkeling. Also as a point of reference it was near Ross Perot's house. They should be able to show you at Blue Hole water sports on the map where this place is.

6f8fc1074cb04f9324e340ee4f6d8215.jpg