Back from the Wind Surf on a b2b

Strenz

We returned on Sunday from a terrific 2 week b2b on the Wind Surf. I think this new b2b concept will be very successful. We had 150 people who were on a b2b and 125 people out of 296 on the first part and 298 on the 2nd leg that were repeaters. Not all were b2b back of course. I wrote my reveiw and submitted it today. Lovely cruise in every way.1. The lovely “ old lady” high maintence yes, looked beautiful with her new white sails, she is perfectly groomed. What work!

2. I know subjective, but the food was the best we have had on 21cruises, the baker a miracle maker, I never eat the bread on board I did this time. Excellent, with bread it is where I am a complete food snob. Crisp, fresh, not soggy, delicious use of grains. Also scones with real clotted crean for afternoon tea.

3. Service, do I need to mention, extraordinary, as usual on every part of the ship.

4. Visuals were incredible the sailing and the islands, it seemed that every day we had a rain shower, followed by a rainbow and followed by a red sunset with the backgound of the sea and islands, magical.

5. We enjoyed the itinerary a mixture of culturally interesting and great beaches. Unfortunately, we could not get into Montserrat due to 7-10 foot swells. We went to Antiqua instead and had a lovely afternoon there and a beautiful morning sail getting there.

It was a terrific way to spend 14 days in January ( my least favorite month I am from the Northeast) making the month pass by. If anyone has questions happy to answer any I can. I will be honest but my husband and I are great fans and have been since 1999. We are happy people so rarely do we complain. Happy Sailing

• Like 1

Before this year for Caribbean cruises at least you booked a b2b cruise as 2 single cruises, this year they created the Star Collection which is a back to back cruise but it is considered one and they did it with incentives reductions, laundry sercvice included, OBC. We loved it for flying is such misery now that staying for 14 in stead of 7 makes the flying a bit more palpable. Our recent cruise half the passengers were doing Star Collection. I have cruised the Caribbean many, many times with WS and I never saw two weeks stay to that large extent. Happy Sailing

Interesting, when we recently booked our 2 x 7 day B2B departing 17th Feb they didn't offer us the 14 day with perks option. But I think it was already a good price, for Windstar anyway.

Its going to be doing our laundry every day or two for us, it comes hard after free unlimited laundry and dry cleaning on Princess.

WS has great laundry service and it is not expensive. Try it you will never do your own laundry again.

We have the laundry package on our upcoming cruise. Are you the one who said you can tell them to wash your items in cold water and return them without drying them? I know I read it here a while ago but not sure who shared their experience.

Griller, not all the BTB cruises are labeled Star Collection. In the Caribbean only the Windsurf has Star Collection cruises. The Pride does not because the cruises are the same from week to week. The Windsurf alternates between 2 different cruises where the BTB makes sense.

Griller, not all the BTB cruises are labeled Star Collection. In the Caribbean only the Windsurf has Star Collection cruises. The Pride does not because the cruises are the same from week to week. The Windsurf alternates between 2 different cruises where the BTB makes sense.

Thanks for that, we will be on Wind Surf and as you say the ports of call are different except I think Martinique is included each week.

When I checked just now I also saw that the cost per 7 days has increased 50% from what we paid, and it is now being offered as a 14 days, but no cost difference compared to booking separately.

Anyway we are happy with what we booked at, and are really looking forward to it.

This is the first time I have booked Windstar and have been a little confused with different travel agents offering quite different pricing for the same cruise, previously with the big ship lines its usually much the same whoever you book with, maybe 10% different at most.

Yes, that was me. I had a laundry bag and on the sjip I asked for a cold water wash and line dry and the other laundry bag was normal. . Clothes came back perfectly. Have fun, happy sailing.

Thanks so much. Did you bring your own laundry bag for the cold wash? Sorry for all the questions but since we have the package, I’d like to take advantage of it for the things I normally wash in cold.

Loved reading your review! We’re scheduled for the Wind Surf from Italy and Croatia in May 2018. While we’re not new to cruising, we are new to Wind Star cruising. Getting excited.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To the laundry question they have ample laundry bags in your cabin or simply ask for extra.

We did the Venice to Rome on the Surf Mat 17. It was exceptional. I reviewed it. If you have questions ask away. My interests are different than most passionate for art, opera, Italy, Venice and food. Happy Sailing

To the laundry question they have ample laundry bags in your cabin or simply ask for extra.

We did the Venice to Rome on the Surf Mat 17. It was exceptional. I reviewed it. If you have questions ask away. My interests are different than most passionate for art, opera, Italy, Venice and food. Happy Sailing

Thank you Strenz! Appreciate it. We’ve got our hotel in Rome and Venice and have Vatican City museum/Sistine Chapel and Vatican City catacomb tours already set.

I think I’m most nervous about the transportation to/from the hotel and airport.

We used Rome cabs to get from the port to the airport. Outstanding service. Seriously this was the best cab service we have ever exoerienced in our travels. Look them up you can really count in them. Have a great trip. Where are you staying in Venice, a word to the wise you will really regret it if you stay near St. Matks. I know Venice well and adore the city. Happy Sailing.

We used Rome cabs to get from the port to the airport. Outstanding service. Seriously this was the best cab service we have ever exoerienced in our travels. Look them up you can really count in them. Have a great trip. Where are you staying in Venice, a word to the wise you will really regret it if you stay near St. Matks. I know Venice well and adore the city. Happy Sailing.

In Venice, we’re staying at Hotel Olimpia right outside the Piazzale Roma.

In Rome, we’re staying at Hotel Napoleon outside of the Rome Termini Station.

Hi, Good location. You get off the ship at San Basilio and if you have bags you can get a vaparetto ( water bus ) right to Plaza Roma 5.1 or the 4.2. You can walk to the hotel as well but you go over bridges I do not know if you carry a lot of bags, if you have a big suitcase best to take the Vaparetto.

Did you mean nervous about Rome getting from airport to ship, if so do not worry take Rome cabs the most reliable service I have ever experienced. If you are nervous in Venice, a water taxi is a 2 nd morgage but the vaparettos are great. Since you are near Plaza Roma there is a great airport shuttle to Plaza Roma.

You are not far from the Frari Church, great art: Titian, Bellini and a Donatello sculpture. Magnificent church, Bellini used crushed glass from Murano to paint with his painting have a luscious sheen. The Scuola di San Rocco is close by this is the school of Tintoretto, huge murals he painted. We have been grateful we have traveled a lot but the best tasting we ever did was a milk ( yogurt ) and cheese tasting in Rovinj. I hired a guide fro Tours by Locals Ana Golubic she took us to some medieval towns for the ancient frescos which were glorious, Walking tour of Rovinj and to Mljekara Latus Milk and Cheese Bar, unbelievable truffles grownlike weeds there and the cheeses were out of this world as well the yogurt. Very unusual, different and fabulous. I have wine tasted all over France and oil tasted all over Italy, this was by far the best tasting one could do, so authentic, organic and generous. You can get Ana at. Info@istria-guide.hr. She was a terrific guide. Happy Travels and

Happy Sailing

PS I do not know Rome at all. I have used Rome Caps to go from Ship to Airport.

Strenz, I have questions about the changeover day in Barbados on the b2b. Can you stay on the ship or do you have to get off? What did you do? We’re debating about going to a resort for the day or staying on the ship if allowed. Thanks again. Your advice has been so helpful.

You can stay on. Leisure breakfast, read, gaze etc. We were meeting friends at the Hilton who were coming on the second week. That is what we did, made for a very nice day swim at the Hilton then we went to ship with them at one and had a leisure lunch.... lots of leisure. Have a great time.