Windstar vs SeaDream

cruisencrazy

We have sailed 35++ cruises, but have yet to sail on Windstar or Sea Dream. Would love input as we are considering two very similar itineraries. The first is Windstar on the Star Breeze sailing Lisbon round trip for 10 days and the next is SD1 sailing Malaga to Lisbon 9 days.

We have sailed Wimd Spirit through the Panama Canal and the Wind Surf on their Classic Caribbean cruise. We loved both yachts so we have now booked a back 2 back 2 back in September 2018 departing from Lisbon to Barcelona, Barcelona to Rome, and Rome around Silicy and back to Rome for a total of 25 days.

We have not sailed on Seadream but I can say we loved everything about Wind Star. We love the small ship and being surrounded by up to 300 of your new friends versus those bigger ships. We love how the crew will go above and beyond to make things happen for you and how they know your name by the end of the first day. We love the open bridge policy, especially at night when you can wander up and they will tell you all about the stars in the sky. We love the country club casual atmosphere and how I can wear a cute sundress at dinner and my husband can wear his khaki pants with a nice shirt. We adore the port intensive itineraries and waking up every day in a new port. The deck bbq where the food is fabulous and the crew shows off a few of their dance moves is a joy. It’s not stuffy or pretentious and that’s what makes it feel like home to us.

We have never cruised for 25 days but I can hardly wait! Best of luck!

I think you took the right decision, cruisencrazy.

We cruised with yachts of both lines (Seadream II, Star Breeze and Star Pride) and all cruises were great!

Windstar fits best for us, in comparison to the money we have to spend. Seadream is more expensive, but in our opinion only slightly more personal and individual. For my wife the pampering on SDII was sometimes too much ... ;)

Wish you lots of fun aboard Windstar!