Norwegian cruise formal night's

maverick79

No, NCL does not do formal nights. Rather, "elegant night". However, it is not required. NCL is the most laid back cruise experience when it comes to dress that we have been on and we love it[emoji4]!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From NCL:

SMART CASUAL

Dress smart casual in our more formal dining room or in our more upscale specialty restaurants. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it's jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes.

They have nights they call something like 'Dress up or not night". While most people just do casual, you will see some who really dress up. The most formal couple I have seen ever were on a Norwegian cruise: a very young and cute pair (I think they were on their honeymoon), he in full dress kilt, she in the most gorgeous full-on ball gown in a bronze satin I have ever seen.

If you want to dress formally you can; there will be others who do too.

As others have mentioned, 'formal' has changed slightly. I still dress up evenings, well, most evenings it's dressier capris/crops and tops, with one night a dress. For my upcoming trip, I plan to wear more dresses/skirt. I do not get the chance in my day to day life, so this is fun for me. So far, I am taking two black dresses (they pack like a dream, roll into a ball, and no wrinkles), and another dress, which I will be able to wear at night, as well as ashore. For the dressy evenings, I am considering taking a fun gold lower heel wedge dress sandal I have as opposed to my black heels to wear with the black. They will also go with my crops/capris/skirt I plan to take.