Convoluted Question about Cape Liberty Transportation

iluvbkk

Hope I can explain this but here goes:

Flying into Newark day before ship sails at Cape Liberty

Taking free shuttle to Marriott on Airport property

Thinking of renting a car since we arrive Newark at 10:30 am (visit friends)

Now:

If we rent car, are there any drop offs for car rentals at the cruise port? OR,

If we rent car and return it to airport, best way to get over to cruise port? OR,

The heck with the rental and just hang at the hotel for the day, best way to get to cruise from hotel and arrange pick up at cruise's end for airport return?

Appreciate any suggestions since it's our first time out of Cape Liberty. Thanks!

Now:

If we rent car and return it to airport, best way to get over to cruise port? OR,

The heck with the rental and just hang at the hotel for the day, best way to get to cruise from hotel and arrange pick up at cruise's end for airport return?

Appreciate any suggestions since it's our first time out of Cape Liberty. Thanks!

No rental agencies at Cape Liberty.

Use Uber to get from EWR to cruise port....and from cruise port back to EWR.

Now:

No car rental drop offs at Cape Liberty.

To get the hotel shuttle you need to take the Airtrain with all your stuff to the P4 station to connect with the shuttle.

Book a car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo to get to and from the port. Folks also use Uber and Lyft.

If you're hanging at the airport hotel all day, there's nothing to do at the Marriott. You might want to consider booking a hotel on International Blvd in Elizabeth like Embassy Suites, Marriott Courtyard, or Residence Inn to have access to the Jersey Gardens Mall and some restaurants and movies.

No car rental drop offs at Cape Liberty.

To get the hotel shuttle you need to take the Airtrain with all your stuff to the P4 station to connect with the shuttle.

Book a car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo to get to and from the port. Folks also use Uber and Lyft.

If you're hanging at the airport hotel all day, there's nothing to do at the Marriott. You might want to consider booking a hotel on International Blvd in Elizabeth like Embassy Suites, Marriott Courtyard, or Residence Inn to have access to the Jersey Gardens Mall and some restaurants and movies.

To avoid the Airtrain I opted to use Uber...they picked us up just outside baggage area...this was quick, affordable and so easy for our trip to Country Inn Suites (but I certainly wouldn't use that hotel again) the suggestions of the ones above would have been a much better choice...but then I was able to get this hotel for points only...so all good.