Night before embarcation - Orlando or Cocoa Beach

ComputerDad

HI,

Need some suggestions. We are flying into Orlando at 6:30 the night (April 21st) before departure on Oasis of the Seas. I see a couple of options and would appreciate suggestions from those who live there or have already tried one of these or similar options.

Option One:

Stay in Orlando upon arrival for one night. Probably an airport hotel. (suggestions most desired)

Shuttle to Port Canaveral Pier from hotel the day of embarkation to arrive about 11:30. (Suggestions for shuttle pick up time requested) (Shuttle company suggestions requested) (Need to verify that shuttle will pick up at hotel)

Option Two:

Shuttle from airport to Cocoa Beach the night of flight arrival. (Hotel suggestions needed)

Hotel shuttle or Uber/Taxi to Pier the next day.

I have done some searches and gotten some great suggestions. I am now trying to put everything together for a final plan.

Many thanks to all who respond.

I tend to be one who, generally speaking, prefers to get as close to my departure point as possible, as early as possible. For that reason, I'd stay in Cocoa Beach. Orlando isn't that far from Port Canaveral, so you'd likely be fine; but if there do turn out to be any issues (ex. a bad accident that ties up traffic) I'd prefer to deal with it the night before than the morning of. To each his own.

I would stay in Orlando and go to the port the next morning. I sailed on Magic 1/27/18 and my group stayed at the Homewood Suites in near the Orlando Airport. This location offered a free airport shuttle, free breakfast and other dining choices close by. Longhorn Steakhouse is in the same parking lot, and IHOP is a short walk across the driveway. There is a Hampton Inn in this area as well. They share the shuttle to/from the airport.

We used Cortrans shuttle from Homewood Suites to Port Canaveral and our return to MCO. The shuttle buses were on time, clean, and the drivers were friendly. The price was $40 round trip. The only downside was dropping off other cruise passengers at NCL before heading to the Magic.

We usually stay in Cocoa Beach . Orlando is @ 45 minutes from Canaveral . Because we can use points or e-certificate we've stayed at the Marriott Courtyard . They have a shuttle but I can't remember if it's free or for a fee since we generally rent a car and take their shuttle to the pier . The Courtyard is a good hotel for a pre-cruise stay.

We've stayed at the Marriott's Residence Inn on Astronaut Blvd each time and booked for our upcoming cruise. It's probably one of the closest hotels to port (less than 1 mile...5 to 6 minutes tops). They're clean, updated, have a shuttle to the port, free breakfast and are convenient to several dining options. I, like someone else mentioned, like to get as close to port as possible the day before just in case some unforseen event ties up traffic on the day of. ymmv