New camera system

smokinmike

I'm thinking about replacing my old Canon/Ikelite housing/strobe system with a Sealife DC2000 setup with a couple of strobes and flex arms. Anyone have any experience - good, bad, or indifferent - with this gear?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow, at those prices I would want it gold plated!!! What Canon do you use. I have a Canon S120 and am well impressed with the macro photography I do. I have it in the housing mounted on an arm with 1 x S2000 Inon strobe ( used to have 2 but did not find any improvement) The manual settings are great with automatic white balance.

Don't know how to PM you, otherwise would give you a link to my photos.

Regards Chris

Canon G11, Ikelite housing, and Ikelite 160 Substrobe. I want something smaller with a couple of strobes. This seems like it - everything I want is less than $1600 at Leisure Pro.

. . . and this cam has a 1" Sony sensor which is a big upgrade from my old Canon.

take a trip to Cayman and visit Sunset House

there you can discuss options with Cathy Church who is usually in the shop unless teaching a class. And she sells most anything you'd want.

and pro's USE LIGHTS with go-pro ......

I have a GoPro5 black, and I don't use lights....but then I don't do deep dives anymore. I find that video quality, even with my old $$$$ camcorder just doesn't get enough light for good resolution. I used a light setup with that years ago, but the dragging around of such a large rig with lights was not fun. And traveling with it was horrible as it took one entire carryon bag for the equipment. I downsized to a GoPro a few years ago and haven't been sorry. I can pack it all in a foam case, and put it in my tote bag. Ditto on boat dives, it clips on my BC. Easy peasy.

links to my videos with it are below.

My DH is looking to downsize his still Dslr camera to the Olympus TG-5, with a housing and using one of his old strobes... will be so much smaller and easier to travel.

I had looked at the Canon camera, the resolution on it just didn't seem great to me. My GoPro5 takes incredible stills and video. I just do screen grabs of the video as my still shots now. Love it.

2017_SCC_shoredive2%20%2811%29.Movie_Snapshot-L.jpg

I've been hauling my old stuff in a Pelican 1510 case as a carry-on for years and that's no problem for me. This new system seems smaller physically with less weight and therefore easier to deal with on small dive boats. I always wanted a second strobe but didn't want the bulk of another Substrobe. I'm hoping somebody has used this gear so they can give me a rundown - especially in the areas of sensor performance, shutter response, continuous burst performance, and strobe performance such as syncing issues, key/fill or power settings, degree of wide angle coverage, power usage, and distance performance.

I've read a bunch of reviews and seen some YouTubes but just looking for more feedback.