Safety near Newark Airport?

RestonCruiser

We are sailing Adventure of the Seas in late September out of Cape Liberty. Flying in two days early and have booked at Country Inns and Suites at Newark Airport. Have had two neighbors tell me this is a very unsafe neighborhood but I do not see any comments expressing that in all the reviews I have read. Can any of you give us some feedback on the area? There are three couples traveling together.

Thanks.

We are sailing Adventure of the Seas in late September out of Cape Liberty. Flying in two days early and have booked at Country Inns and Suites at Newark Airport. Have had two neighbors tell me this is a very unsafe neighborhood but I do not see any comments expressing that in all the reviews I have read. Can any of you give us some feedback on the area? There are three couples traveling together.

Thanks.

There have been no negative reports about the area near Country Inns at Newark airport. It is located next to Embassy Suites, Courtyard Elizabeth, Residence Inn, and the Jersey Gardens Mall.

What are you planning to do? I'm assuming you are going to go into NYC for your precruise day. If so, it's important to understand your transportation options so that you can select the most comfortable option for your group. Overall Newark is a highly industrialized urban area that can be offputting to folks from less populated areas of the country.

Please do listen to those of us that have done a pre-cruise or are familiar with the area. Not sure where your neighbors are getting their incorrect information. You will be fine in this very popular pre-cruise area of hotels, restaurants and the mall across the street. Enjoy your travels.

You'll be fine by the airport. Personally, I wouldn't venture into the city of Newark if you are at all skittish. There are some great, mostly Portuguese restaurants, in the Ironbound section of the city. But you will probably be best taking NJ Transit into Penn Station if you are going to do any sightseeing in NYC

You'll be fine by the airport. Personally, I wouldn't venture into the city of Newark if you are at all skittish. There are some great, mostly Portuguese restaurants, in the Ironbound section of the city. But you will probably be best taking NJ Transit into Penn Station if you are going to do any sightseeing in NYC

NJ Transit to go to midtown. NJ Transit + PATH from Newark Penn Station to go to the 911 Memorial area.