Live from the Western Mediterranean

Peregrina651

Does anyone know if there are Bill W. (AA) meetings on Viking ocean cruises?

Getting off the Viking Star this morning. [emoji22]. There have been friends of Bill meetings every evening

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Getting off the Viking Star this morning. [emoji22]. There have been friends of Bill meetings every evening

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looking over Sky Dailies from 2 wks ago - no Friends of Bill meetings. Organized/scheduled if requested by passengers?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is time to start a thread dedicated to Viking's cruises in the Western Med--tips on the ports, comments on the shorex, etc.

Hopefully, many people will join the conversation, asking questions, answering questions, commenting on the various tours that are offered.

Anybody know if the “new” French Bistro menu is on the rotation for the Chefs Table?

Anybody know if the “new” French Bistro menu is on the rotation for the Chefs Table?

Don't know but it is on the WC, as someone commented about it on their blog, and the original article about it I read said it was going to be on the last 2 ships launched but that was a year ago so I'm hoping things might have changed.

We are onboard right now and loving it.

This post is really to say that although I received an email last week confirming the meet and mingle....there is to be NO M & M on this cruise as only 8 folks signed up !!!! Very disappointed to not be able to meet the others on CC.

Everything else good and I will do a full review when we get home.

Joyce

That is very odd Joyce, can you give more details as to how you know that there is no M&M? According to the CC M&M page Viking will hold an M&M even if only 1 person signs up!

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Forums mobile app

This is the email I Got before leaving home.....

“This is just a reminder for the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle aboard your Viking Ocean Cruises ship that you helped organize on the 02/08/2018 sailing of Viking Star. Once onboard, you will receive an invitation stating the date, time and place of your party. In the meantime, you can meet your fellow cruisers on the Viking Ocean Cruises Roll Call or Viking Ocean Cruises forum online at our Cruise Critic community when you click here: boards.cruisecritic.com

If you would like to update/change your Meet & Mingle party information, click here. You may be asked to log in to access this data.

If you have any questions about your Meet & Mingle, please e-mail us at meet_and_mingle@cruisecritic.com”

Yesterday a.m I went to Guest services and asked when the M & M was to be held....just in case I missed it in the Daily info

.I was told that there would not be one as only 8 folks had signed up.

Edited by jollyjoyce
Bad grammar from e

We are onboard right now and loving it.

This post is really to say that although I received an email last week confirming the meet and mingle....there is to be NO M & M on this cruise as only 8 folks signed up !!!! Very disappointed to not be able to meet the others on CC.

Everything else good and I will do a full review when we get home.

Joyce

Contact Viking (tellus@vikingcruises.com) and Cruise Critic (community@cruisecritic.com) immediately to inform them of this last minute development. Don't expect that they will learn of this last minute change of plans by reading it here (especially CC which does not follow these threads).

Then, enlist the help of Guest Services to organize your own get together. They are the only ones with the list of invitees so you will need their help with contacting the other people.

Contact Viking (tellus@vikingcruises.com) and Cruise Critic (community@cruisecritic.com) immediately to inform them of this last minute development. Don't expect that they will learn of this last minute change of plans by reading it here (especially CC which does not follow these threads).

Then, enlist the help of Guest Services to organize your own get together. They are the only ones with the list of invitees so you will need their help with contacting the other people.

Ok, so there is no M & M. I hope I am not going to come across as rude but......I am not bothered enough to fight for an M& M on this cruise....I was just informing you all of th situation.

Something that does concern me greatly is that we are i a V1 cabin and have the Silver Spirits drink package. So far we have not had our mini bar replenished and upon complaining to Guest Services I have been told that V1 does not get mini bar replenishment !!!!! Luckily I saved the post that you Peregrina posted last August about your reply from Viking on this matter...confirming that all cabin grades now get mini bar replenishments.

Apart from your post I have an email from Viking in reply to me asking about this particular thing. It confirms that we should have the mini bar refilled.

To a lot of folks I suppose this all sounds very trivial but why spend money for something and then not get it.

This is not how I was intending spending an afternoon on a 7 night cruise and I am very disappointed.

End of rant.

Joyce

Joyce, I too was confused about the mini-bar replenishment and the Silver Package. I wrote to Viking yesterday and had a reply saying that the Package doesn't alter the mini-bar replenishment process. I also had a reply from Viking UK saying the same thing. They admitted there was some confusion around it and apologised.

We are in a DV and will only get soft drink replenishment.

HTH

What had you expected for St. Tropez? It was my least favorite stop of the two weeks, especially Port Grimaud. Curious to hear your take.

I hadn't expected much that I would find of interest in the town and that is exactly how it was. We actually planned the day as at "at sea" day, which is what we call a day when we either don't leave the ship at all or plan just a couple of hours visiting the port and then back to the ship to have a very lazy day and get over jet-lag. We took the included tour--which turned out to be a real dud as, early on New Year's Eve day, no one was out and about yet and both St. T and Port G were lifeless. I have zero interest in the lifestyles of the rich and famous and that is all that seemed to interest our guide. We also spent half an hour in the Annunciation Museum before returning to the ship.

We are also onboard the Star, and like jollyjoyce, had signed up for the M&G but did not receive any onboard invitation. We didn't inquire about the status, but I do recall there was a large private function being held in the Wintergaden the evening we boarded on February 8 in Barcelona.

We are staying on for the next segment, for which we also signed up for the M&G. Last night, we received an invitation for a reception on February 15 (start of next segment) in the Wintergaden. The invitation doesn't mention CC.

We are also onboard the Star, and like jollyjoyce, had signed up for the M&G but did not receive any onboard invitation. We didn't inquire about the status, but I do recall there was a large private function being held in the Wintergaden the evening we boarded on February 8 in Barcelona.

We are staying on for the next segment, for which we also signed up for the M&G. Last night, we received an invitation for a reception on February 15 (start of next segment) in the Wintergaden. The invitation doesn't mention CC.

I believe that what you saw on the 8th and are invited to on the 15th is a reception for continuing passengers. The M&M is not usually on Day 1.

I believe that what you saw on the 8th and are invited to on the 15th is a reception for continuing passengers. The M&M is not usually on Day 1.

Interesting. Thanks. I will ask if they plan to have the M&G for the Feb 15 segment, or if it too will be canceled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. Thanks. I will ask if they plan to have the M&G for the Feb 15 segment, or if it too will be canceled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update... the M&G for the Feb 15 sailing is confirmed for today, Feb 16. 👍

Update... the M&G for the Feb 15 sailing is confirmed for today, Feb 16. 👍

Delighted to hear there is going to be a M & M on the second leg. We were disappointed not to have one last week.

Anyway, we had a great week and hope your second leg Is as good as the first.

Lovely ship and ports and some great folks onboard.

Joyce

Delighted to hear there is going to be a M & M on the second leg. We were disappointed not to have one last week.

Anyway, we had a great week and hope your second leg Is as good as the first.

Lovely ship and ports and some great folks onboard.

Joyce

Thank you. 🙂

The M&M which Viking hosts was indeed very nice, as has been previously mentioned in the forum. It was held in the Wintergaden, and was similar to the reception held for continuing guests. Libations included wines, Cosmos, Lemon Drops and champagne. Non alcoholic drinks were also available, and I believe I saw some made-to-order cocktails delivered. Very nice and tasty Hors d'oeuvres were passed. The Hotel Manager was present and visited with all the attendees.